News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Track

Started by almauk, December 28, 2013, 12:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almauk

I want to create a 4 track main line starting with a minimum 22" radius. I don't see where any EZ-Track is being sold to accomplish this. Ideally, I would like to have the minimum radius match a #6 turn out or crossover. I currently a single 33.5" radius circle.

NarrowMinded

Google bachmann 44583

Hope this helps

Nm-Jeff

GG1onFordsDTandI

Have you visited the online store here? You can find the 44583 here too. Im thinking you might have, but its really hard to tell by your post exactly what it is you're looking for (also when posting in "general discussion" listing your scale helps us ;) know you're in HO, vs a guess) But if your 33.5 is a perfect circle you may need to add either a turnout, or crossover and straights opposite the turnout/x-over to turn it into an oval as I don't believe there are double curved turnouts available in EZ-T. Other companies do make them in non-roadbed/"old school" style and they can be adapted to EZ-T. Also there are some good rail design programs available for free to help you along(if you run windows). Anyrail 5 trial version is a favorite here, but limited to 50 pieces of track. One a bit less intuitive, but unlimited, and I like the end result better in is SCARM. SCARM has a one button 3d view and was created by a software hobbyist. One nice thing about these is you can access track libraries  from many manufacturers in one place and simulate their use together(also keeps you from being thrown out of stores for opening cards(packages) and setting them up on the floor :D). While they don't explain everything about the tracks like code (=rail height), or how to connect them (99%of ho=trim tabs, shim to height, fasten to table, and add rail joiners) It will give you a very good idea if you have the right pieces to get things "lined up" correctly and gives you and others helping a way to covey ideas and change things around without stacks of sketches or photos.
Below are "screen captures" of both.

Anyrail-5

SCARM-

Same SCARM design in 3d view-

Doneldon

alma-

Do you want four parallel tracks, the usual meaning of four-track mainline, or four sets of tracks on which you can run four trains simultaneously and safely? A true model four-track mainline would be something to behold and probably a nightmare to curve, wire or operate. If that's your plan, please flesh it out a little more so we can kibbutz with you and maybe head off a problem or two. If you mean isolated track loops, well, that might or might not be a great idea. Again, please flesh out your intent so we can help.
                                                                                                                                                                       -- D

Balrog21

I might be able to help with that one...give me a day or two.  ;)