News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 Heisler Headlights

Started by wlinmexico, December 28, 2013, 03:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wlinmexico

I just got the loco with the sound card for Xmas - sweet running but both front and rear headlights stay on regardless of the direction of travel or standing idle. Is this normal for this loco?

Thanks,

On30 modeler in Mexico

Hunt

RGS Goose

Hi,
This topic was covered some time ago in a post on this forum, but I can't find it at the moment.
However, Jamie at Soundtraxx supplied the CV settings needed to make the lights directional, and I kept a hard copy of those settings.
They are :- Set CV 33 to value 1
                  Set CV 34 to value 2
This will give you directional lighting.

I found I couldn't get the lights to dim effectively using the supplied instructions, so I fitted an 8.2K resistor in each light circuit so they would both be dimmer all of the time, which is what I wanted.

I hope this solves your problem.
Happy Railroading and Happy New Year.

wlinmexico

Thanks for the info - I will try setting the CV's.

Also per your suggestion I may add the resistors to the lights circuits - they are a little bright.

Hunt

Your model do what you want but.....
Lights on the model appear to be carbide-fueled type lamp. Directional lighting would require the crew to go back and forth extinguishing and igniting the lamps every time the direction of the locomotive changed.  Thus once ignited lamps would remain lit.

The lights and their effects are controlled by
    CV 33 and CV 49 for Headlight
    CV 34 and CV 50 for Backup Light

Stevelewis

When  i  got  my  first  heisler  some  months  ( over a  year  now!!)  ago  i  reprted  on  the  lighting  problems

I posted  a  set  of  CVs  to  rectify  the  issues  they  should  still be  readable if  you  can   go  back on the forum!!

renenber  that if you are  going to  fit  a  sound module , the  CVs  must  be  re set to  factory  settings to enable   the sound  unit  to initialise ,, then  CVs  can be  reset  as  required.

Steve  North  Wales  UK  (Cold  windy  &  Wet)

PS  I wonder  if  we  will have  to  go  through  all this  again  when  the  Whitcombe  diesels  arrive??!!
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: Stevelewis on December 30, 2013, 08:40:50 AM
PS  I wonder  if  we  will have  to  go  through  all this  again  when  the  Whitcombe  diesels  arrive??!!
My magic 8 ball says "signs are favorable" :-\... ;) :D