STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2019, 05:50:58 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Large
| | |-+  Big Hauler Annie ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Big Hauler Annie ?  (Read 2761 times)
lrparks

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »

I want the ET&WNC Annie, but I like the stack on the Denver & Rio Grande Annie. Is there a way to put the Denver & Rio Grande Stack on a ET&WNC Annie?
the Bach-man
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 08:59:32 PM »

Dear LR,
Sure- pop one off and pop the other on. Give service a call- they may have an extra one lying aboyt.
Have fun!
the Bach-man
altterrain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 10:13:39 PM »

I want the ET&WNC Annie, but I like the stack on the Denver & Rio Grande Annie. Is there a way to put the Denver & Rio Grande Stack on a ET&WNC Annie?
Keep in mind the D&RG balloon stack is for wood burners. Coal burners had the smaller straight stack. If you swap out the stack you should change the tender load too. Wood is easy though, you can use the real thing -

-Brian

President of
VirginiaCentral

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 11:29:46 PM »

Hey Brian, nice cordwood load, but what's that pile of coal doing on the tender deck?

Jerry

Jerry Kay
Big Sandy & Cumberland Garden Railroad
Virginia Central & New River Railway & Navigation Co.
"I love the smell of coal smoke in the morning!"
altterrain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 10:20:50 AM »

Hey Brian, nice cordwood load, but what's that pile of coal doing on the tender deck?

Jerry

Thanks Jerry. I am not the owner of that loco (all mine are coal or diesel burners). I only supplied the wood (1 inch thick crape myrtle branches split 6 ways). There was some debate on what to do with the molded in coal since its not seen when hooked up to the loco. I'm not sure what the final outcome was.

-Brian

President of
gbbari

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 08:16:59 PM »

Glue a few more pieces of that split wood horizontally over the coal using clear RTV-type caulk (you can remove it easly later if desired).  We'll never tell what's underneath.  Grin

-Al
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: