News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Big Hauler Annie ?

Started by lrparks, September 21, 2007, 11:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lrparks

I want the ET&WNC Annie, but I like the stack on the Denver & Rio Grande Annie. Is there a way to put the Denver & Rio Grande Stack on a ET&WNC Annie?

the Bach-man

Dear LR,
Sure- pop one off and pop the other on. Give service a call- they may have an extra one lying aboyt.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

altterrain

Quote from: lrparks on September 21, 2007, 11:26:00 AM
I want the ET&WNC Annie, but I like the stack on the Denver & Rio Grande Annie. Is there a way to put the Denver & Rio Grande Stack on a ET&WNC Annie?
Keep in mind the D&RG balloon stack is for wood burners. Coal burners had the smaller straight stack. If you swap out the stack you should change the tender load too. Wood is easy though, you can use the real thing -

-Brian
President of

VirginiaCentral

Hey Brian, nice cordwood load, but what's that pile of coal doing on the tender deck?

Jerry
Jerry Kay
Big Sandy & Cumberland Garden Railroad
Virginia Central & New River Railway & Navigation Co.
"I love the smell of coal smoke in the morning!"

altterrain

Quote from: VirginiaCentral on September 21, 2007, 11:29:46 PM
Hey Brian, nice cordwood load, but what's that pile of coal doing on the tender deck?

Jerry

Thanks Jerry. I am not the owner of that loco (all mine are coal or diesel burners). I only supplied the wood (1 inch thick crape myrtle branches split 6 ways). There was some debate on what to do with the molded in coal since its not seen when hooked up to the loco. I'm not sure what the final outcome was.

-Brian
President of

gbbari

Glue a few more pieces of that split wood horizontally over the coal using clear RTV-type caulk (you can remove it easly later if desired).  We'll never tell what's underneath.  ;D

-Al