News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

S4 with sound, sound stopped working

Started by 9mmAuto, December 30, 2013, 04:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mmAuto

I have an S4 with sound locomotive that I bought about a year ago. I have not ran it a lot but I put it on the track today and the sound would not work. The lights etc work fine but there is no sound coming from the unit. I have two other "bachmann DCC sound on board" units including another S4 and their sound is working fine. I am stumped as to why this units sound has stopped working, any suggestions?  :-\

rogertra

As no one else has responded yet and trying not to sound like a smart-ass but have you tried unmuting the sound?

Dunno what system you are using, I use NEC, and to unmute and mute sound I have to press numeral 8, so give it a try.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Hunt

Press Function 8 (F8) key to turn the sounds on and off.

If pressing F8 does not affect sound, then reset all CVs to their default value by programming 8 to CV 8 and recycling power to the locomotive to complete the reset. Remember after a decoder reset the address of the locomotive is 3.

An aside
Some DCC systems require pressing Function Key to place the system in Function Mode. NCE DCC system does not have a Function key. By design, NCE automatically uses Function Mode when it is required.

9mmAuto

Thanks for the responces and yes I have tried F8. I will try to reset the CVs, thanks again.