EZ-Track (DCC command) polarity issue

Started by paulwalen, December 31, 2013, 10:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulwalen

My son and I finished a layout which is a rectangle design with two turnouts running diagonal,  top and bottom; hence the polarity issue, if I knew how to attach a picture this may assist my fellow hobbyists.

I purchased a pair of 9"gapp terminal tracks and the Autoreverse module by Bachmann. The instructions are not the greatest nor is the illustrations.

Do I need two modules?, do I insert the gap track after or before the turnout?

Thank you for the assist.

Paul

WTierce1

You only need the one module. If you have the DVD You connect one wire that came with the reverse module to the bottom of the insulated track on the terminals that are closest to the outside loop, and connect the other end into the input side of the reverse module, then connect the other wire to the other side of the terminals on the bottom of the insulated track and then connect the other end of that wire to the output of the reverse module. Make sure that the conductive terminals on the bottom of both insulated tracks are disconnected and you should be good to go. If you didn't already know, you need to have an insulated track on both ends of your diagonal, and the reverse module on just one of them. If you are using an EZ command, find the DVD that came with it and watch the segment on the reverse module. It may give you a better understanding than I can give you.
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad