News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann on Top!

Started by Jerrys HO, January 08, 2014, 05:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerrys HO

I have to post what others are saying about Bachmann on other forums.
These are newcomers and some very respected modelers posting.

http://cs.trains.com/mrr/f/88/t/226336.aspx

As the others stated.... Hooray for Bachmann!!!

Jerry

Where's Roger? ;D just messin with you Rog...

rogertra

Quote from: Jerrys HO on January 08, 2014, 05:51:26 AM
I have to post what others are saying about Bachmann on other forums.
These are newcomers and some very respected modelers posting.

http://cs.trains.com/mrr/f/88/t/226336.aspx

As the others stated.... Hooray for Bachmann!!!

Jerry

Where's Roger? ;D just messin with you Rog

Hey. I am a big fan of the Spectrum range, always have been. It was the introduction of the 2-8-0 that made me change eras from 1972 to 1958, and that was without even knowing if the Spectrum range would ever expand beyond the 2-8-0.  I've stated that here many times before.

I am now the proud owner of some 25 to 30 Spectrum steam engines plus two of the DCC sound 2-6-0s and two DCC and Sound FA-2s.

I have several each of the 2-8-0, 2-10-0, both 4-6-0s, and heavy and light 4-8-2. I've been patiently waiting for a Spectrum 2-8-2 and USRA 4-6-2.

So over to you MR. B.

jonathan

Definitely a Bachmann fan.  We are preaching to the choir I think.

I am a member of just two forums: this one and another that contains B&O related content only.  Don't feel the need to go anywhere else.  This is overall a friendly place to share and learn about model railroading.

As for Roger's wish for USRA Mikes and Pacifics, I would jump on those, but they were recently done by another company.  So, I'm not holding my breath.

I have 2 EM-1s, 2 Heavy Mountains, 6 Connies, 5 USRA 0-6-0's, 1 0-6-0T, 2 H16-44s, 1 F40P, 1 Acela set, numerous heavy weight passenger cars... the list goes on.

Keeping on tracking, Bachmann.  Love your products.

Regards,

Jonathan

jward

for many years, I ran my railroad with a fleet of athearn diesels. that changed with my entry into dcc, as the athearns which served me so well on dc proved to be poor performers on dcc.

I purchased a dcc equipped "gp50" for my son not really expecting anything. I was impressed enough that since then the majority of my locomotive purchases have been Bachmann. they have taken athearn's place as the provider of durable, low cost motive power. and I am glad that somebody has provided an antidote to a market of $400 locomotives.

currently I am running: 5 gp40s, 2 gp35s, 3 gp30s, an ft a-b-a set, 1 sd45, 3 h16-44s, 1 b23-7, 1 rs3, 1 fa2, 1 s4, 1 gp7, 1 gp9, 2 0-6-0s, and 2 2-6-0s. that's 27 locomotives total from Bachmann.

I am glad that others are finally seeing that the days of poor running pancake motor stuff are long gone.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

K487

Two thumbs up for Bachmann!

About four years ago I sold ALL my Athearn BB locos, and now ALL (uh, more than 20) of  my HO engines are Bachmann - both diesel and steam.

Have every one of these been perfect out of the box?  No, I've sent some back.  So what?  And I go through every new loco lubing, adding weight where these will balance the total weight equally over both trucks, installing a soft WHITE headlight (don't like the dim orange ones), bench testing, then on a train* it goes.

* Usually two engines per 60- to 70-car train.  Will two of Bachmann's GPs pull a 65-car train (where 85% of the cars' wheels are plastic)?  Easily.  And, as you might have read here before, I add 4 oz. of equalized weight to all my SD40-2s - less weight for the smaller diesels but about the same weight for some of the steamers - and one of these will walk off - pulling or shoving - with a 65-car train.  I run some trains with two (sometimes three for looks) SD40-2s for less stress on the locos.

Overall Bachmann's price-value ratio is excellent.

K487

bapguy

The only down side I have with Bachmann DCC on board is the decoders are low end in my opinion. Also the color of the headlights are orange!. But hey these are easily fixed. Waiting for the GP7 and GP9 sound units to come out. Would like to see a GP7 or GP9 with sound in Great Northern paint !!!!!!  Yeah Bachmann!!!!!!  Joe 

richg

Saw that posting when it popped up and it looked very good. Good job Bachmann.

Couple days or so, I saw a thread in a Yahoo SoundTraxx group and positive report, except the last guy was looking at every rivet and quite negative about the sound value line, at least the 2-6-0. I guess there is always one.

Rich