News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Speed Controller

Started by Superchiefguy, January 15, 2014, 08:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superchiefguy

I recently got back into model railroading.  One initial problem I have is with the speed controller.  No matter what setting I put it at the train will only go at full speed.  I have the Bachmann Speed controller and it is N Scale.  Any suggestions?

richg

Sounds like a defective speed control inside the pack. How old is the power pack? They are not repairable.

Rich

rogertra

Are you sure you've got it connect properly and not got the track connected to an "Accessories" power outlet?

In other words, your track is connected to the terminals that say something like "To Track"?

jbrock27

SC, if your current controller is a lost cause, I suggest replacing it with one made by MRC, one of the solid state circuitry ones (black plastic box not copper colored metal box).  They make some units that will run either HO or N scale locomotives.  A much better product that should give you long, trouble free use.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Superchiefguy

It's connected properly.  I purchased this about a month ago.  The first day I got it it did this the first couple of runs then worked properly until last night.  I didn't keep the receipt so may have to buy a new one then...

richg

The white power pack is made with the red wires and plug to eliminate using the AC terminals.
You buy anymore Bachmann trains, always keep the receipt.

Rich

Superchiefguy

Thanks for your suggestions.  After fiddling with the speed control nob I pressed very firmly on it and now it works....this will buy me time to save for a new one. :)

richg

Quote from: Superchiefguy on January 15, 2014, 08:45:30 PM
Thanks for your suggestions.  After fiddling with the speed control nob I pressed very firmly on it and now it works....this will buy me time to save for a new one. :)

Good trouble shooting.

Rich