News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

new to this form

Started by Lou Sommers, January 20, 2014, 08:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lou Sommers

A quick intro. I started G about 3 years ago and now have about 225' of track laid. I'm also building a HOn3 in the house hand laying code 55 rail. Have been doing N for about 30 years. Live in Savannah GA so have lots of good weather to spend outside. I have an older Connie that I will be converting to battery power and installing G Wire.I have already done a few locos with no problem but I need the wiring diagram for this loco and any advice. I will be converting a Shay and a Climax latter. Thanks in advance.

Lou

smcgill

Lou Welcome! ;D

Lots of info here! ::)
We are a little nuts, it's not just you! :-*
So welcome aboard and I hope you love the ride!! ::)

Loco Bill Canelos

Hello Lou,

Welcome to the forum and good to see another large scaler having fun.

The Connie is one of the easiest to convert to RC and battery power, almost to easy if that is possible.

Here is a link about converting the Connie using the Aristo Revolution it should be helpful since most RC systems hook up the same way

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,24016.0.html

Hope you find it useful!

Cheers & Beers

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Ted Yarbrough

Lou,
Savannah is not to far away, but we do have a group that is very active in Atlanta, known as the Georgia Garden Railway Society. We have monthly meetings at homes with active layouts. our first meeting of the year is this Saturday on the north side of Atlanta (see our web page for contact info as well as meeting info at ggrs.info ). This meeting is a business sesion with planning for the upcoming year and a presentation about the National Garden Railway Convention. you would be welcome to attend and I am sure some of the garden railroaders attending could help you out with your loco.
Happy Rails To You,
Ted Yarbrough

Lou Sommers

Thanks for the offer Ted. However I will be back in Ormand Beach FL this weekend. While I'm down there going to check out a fellow that has some LGB for sale. It may be an expensive trip.

Lou

fhenn

I am also new to this forum. I collected and played with American Fllyer for many years had close to 100 sets. Than we decided to down size to a condo and all went. Now the Lovely wife bought us a small house about a year gao, so I decided it is time to set up a garden railroad. I recently and the just came in ordered two set. They both came with steel track. I assume that I will need to go with a brass Track In the attic I have some LBG track will these interchange? Thank you

Ted Yarbrough

fhenn,
The hollow steel track will not work outdoors (beyond a few weeks). The LGB track will run Bachmann trains perfectly and will last for many years outdoors (I have had mine down since 1992). Bachmann is now making outdoor brass track, too.
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

fhenn