News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Diagram for Bachmann 4-4-0.

Started by Danny Sheehan in Oz, January 19, 2008, 11:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny Sheehan in Oz

I need to see a diagram of the 4-4-0 Spectrum locomotive, I need to take the boiler and cab off.  If any one out there could e-mail me this diagram, I would be forever grateful.

dannysheehan@bigblue.net.au

Regards, Danny Sheehan in Oz.  (Australia)

Kevin Strong

Danny,

There are 4 screws on the firebox (just below the running boards and cab) which hold the back of the boiler in place, two on each side. On the front, you've got to remove the plate between the cylinders that holds the front truck on (two screws just inboard of the cylinders). This reveals a long screw that goes up through the steamchest into the smokebox. Those are the big ones. You'll also need to remove the boiler stays, by taking out the 4 screws (two on each stay) on the front deck of the locomotive. Do that first, actually, and replace the screws into the holes so you don't lose them. They are small and will otherwise find the fastest route to the nearest parallel universe. That should separate the boiler from the frame. The cab is held onto the running boards by screws through the floor, I believe in each corner. Remove those (and much of the piping on the boiler) and the cab pops off of the boiler.

Later,

K

Danny Sheehan in Oz

Thanks, Kevin, I damaged the four wire lead from loco to tender, have got a new lead set, but have mislaid my diagrams for this loco, will need to disasemble the boiler and cab to attach there four wires to their positions.

Many thanks, Danny Sheehan in Oz. ???