News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DC / DCC 0-6-0

Started by woodwrangler, January 21, 2014, 08:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodwrangler

I'm new to model railroading and have just purchased a Bachman Spectrum 0-6-0 Saddletank loco, sans tender.  I am under the impression that this will work just fine on my DC HO mining layout. However when I unpacked it and tried it out on my workbench 'test' track it wouldn't run.  The Walthers  GP 30 on the same track ran well so I know power is getting to it.   Is there something one has to do to a DCC loco.... like take it apart and push a hidden switch on the board to get it to run? 

richg

The 0-6-0T does not come with a tender.
Does the loco have a decoder in it?
If it does, is it new or from a private sale? Some people disable the DC option when running a decoder equipped loco.

Rich

bigsamdog1

I have the same problem as woodwrangler.  This is a brand new, right out of the Spectrum box, engine.  And my second one.  At first I thought it was a defective unit, but when I can't get the second one to work.... what is the trick?  The other engines work on the test track.  AUUGH!  Help.

rogertra

Quote from: bigsamdog1 on March 14, 2014, 10:39:17 PM
I have the same problem as woodwrangler.  This is a brand new, right out of the Spectrum box, engine.  And my second one.  At first I thought it was a defective unit, but when I can't get the second one to work.... what is the trick?  The other engines work on the test track.  AUUGH!  Help.

AFAIK, the 0-6-0 is not a Spectrum engine.

Do you have an 0-6-0 or an 0-6-0T.  Big difference between the two.

Cheers

Roger.