Which is better Thomas with sound or without

Started by Rollin Mayham, January 23, 2014, 09:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollin Mayham

out of curiosity and for a good reason I am going to buy my first Thomas and friends item hopefully this year and I wanted to get Thomas Annie and Clarabel. Witch engine should I get Thomes with sound or without sound and just so you know I have to DCC it so I really need to know.

Chaz

The speed activated sound Thomas model is not available yet.  It is coming out sometime this year. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Rollin Mayham

I have the Bachmann Catalog and it says that the speed activated Thomas came out last year in 2013 if it didn't than why did Bachmann put it in the catalog that doesn't make any sense

Rollin Mayham

thomasj219

He's listed a lot of places. However the product, links Arry And Bert was delayed.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Cirkit:)

I wonder what the sound will be like for the model.
The model's overall appearance will probably stay the same as the original model, though I think the face will receive a CG update.
I wonder if the sound part will be anything like the Talking Take-N-Play engines? Wheels go round, a 'chuff' noise comes out whenever the wheels complete a rotation.. maybe a 2-second wheesh when the engine starts or stops, just like in the show?

If this is a speed-activated sound engine as I am pretty sure I've read before, I'm not sure how that will work, but I'm pretty sure kids running the trains slow will still want to hear the same sounds as if the train was going fast.

I wonder if they'll include the whistle somehow. Hmm.

Anthony P2

i wonder if the sounds will be the same as the ones from the show (i.e. chuff, whistle, ect.) or if it will be some sound chip from a locomotive from there regular engine range. not just the older fans but also kids would pick up on if the sounds were different.

PaulGWR

It'll probably be like the g scale 4-6-0 with speed synchronized sound from the show, but I hope the whistle will be added and the face and mechanism will be updated.