News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

BACHMANN TO DO RESIN BUILDINGS

Started by thomasj219, January 29, 2014, 01:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasj219

BACHMANN IS DOING RESIN BUILDINGS THIS YEAR! I was given this wonderful news by Chaz who sent me this link

(SPARKS POSTED CORRECT LINK BELOW)

The venture into this market in my opinion is most likely because of HORNBY'S demise.

Maithwaite Station
Signal Box
Castle Loch
Brendam Warehouse

A NEW DAY FOR THE BACHMANN HO LINE HAS ARRIVED. TRULY BIRGHT FUTURES ARE AHEAD, TOO EXCITED FOR WORDS.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Cheeky_ULP

Your link goes to Facebook for some reason.

http://www.virtualpressoffice.com/detail.do?contentId=1483052&showId=3045

QuotePhiladelphia - (Virtual Press Office) -- Bachmann Trains is delighted to announce that Iron 'Arry and Iron Bert have joined our line of HO scale separate-sale electric locomotives. And Thomas fans can now complete their Island of Sodor layouts with HO Scale Thomas & Friends™ Resin Buildings including Maithwaite Station, Black Lock Folly, Signal Box, and Brendam Warehouse. Jeremy, a jet plane available as a separate-sale HO accessory, is flying in for added fun. With a variety of Thomas & Friends™ ready-to-run sets, popular engines, rolling stock, and accessories available in a choice of HO and Large Scale, Bachmann delivers everything young engineers need to enter the exciting world of model railroading. Visit us at Booth #1241 or www.bachmanntrains.com to see our complete line of Thomas & Friends™ products.

No sign of Speed/Sound Thomas or Troublesome Truck 4. I wonder what's up?

Chaz

Photos can be found here:

The Bachmann Maithwaite and signal box both look similar to Hornby's old buildings yet there are some minor changes such as the platform, roof, and even the length on maithwaite as a whole, meanwhile the signal box colors look a lot more faded and weathered as well as the roof being a completely new color.  They both look great and better than the previous alternative, but I don't have any plans to add either of these additions as the number of buildings on my current layout.  The caste loch folly isn't what I expected it to look like, but at the same time it doesn't look horrible.  I would have been happier with a full castle, but I don't mind it too much, maybe I might look into getting this for my club.  The Brendam warehouse though looks incredible!  This I will definitely get for my model railroad club, since I don't have any need for one myself on my own personal layout but I know that in certain areas of the club layout, they could use something like this.  Jeremy doesn't look inaccurate either, but admittedly not an addition I have ever had plans to add to my layout.  

Something tells me that this isn't the full lineup as I expect at least one new engine and one new piece of rolling stock to follow these buildings since I imagine these are not alone, despite the delayed products.  Plus no large scale announcements yet, so I imagine we will learn more about those as well in the coming weeks.  That being said, I have a feeling that there are more exciting additions for this year to come.   Hopefully we will see more images and information on what's to come out this year as the Toy Fair comes closer.  :)
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

sodorlad

The warehouse does indeed look very cool.

The signal box looks exactly the same, however the Maithwaite platforms seem to be in more sections than the Hornby model. The building may be from the same mould. Hornby are probably selling off their tooling now they are no longer producing Thomas stuff.

Just hoping that this means that these and the late arrival of 'Arry and Bart aren't the 2014 line up - Come on Bachmann, get a couple of new HO and at least one new Large Scale engine out this year please.
Botheration...

Cheeky_ULP

Maybe soon Bachmann will make this shed from Season 6... :P

PasqualeCS96

This is incredible! Maithwaite and the Brendam Warehouse look really nice!

therailwayinspector

Very nice!
Glad I own some of the Hornby ones, but the signal box and Brendam warehouse look especially good; may have to get the latter.
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

Zorran202

Jeremy looks kind of creepy when it comes to looking into his eyes.

The buildings on the other hand look pretty interesting for sure! I'm hoping to get them, well eventually that is...

Fergusfan17

Does this mean that there is a possibility hat there will be NO new engines or rolling stock for 2014?  :o  :o :( >:( :o :'( :-\ :o

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: Fergusfan17 on January 30, 2014, 03:09:44 PM
Does this mean that there is a possibility hat there will be NO new engines or rolling stock for 2014?  :o  :o :( >:( :o :'( :-\ :o
I doubt that I'm sure Arry' and Bert will be released soon. But we'll find out next month.

thomasj219

The toy fair announcements are in Feburary. We will find out then.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

seanrail

On February 16th to 19th to be exact.

If they do annouce any more rolling stock with Troublesome Truck #4, my top of the list rolling stock is Gordon's Express Coaches with a Tooling accurate to the current TV episodes.

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: seanrail on January 30, 2014, 04:28:46 PM

If they do annouce any more rolling stock with Troublesome Truck #4, my top of the list rolling stock is Gordon's Express Coaches with a Tooling accurate to the current TV episodes.

Next to that I say Toad and maybe the red branch line coaches.

Chaz

Quote from: Fergusfan17 on January 30, 2014, 03:09:44 PM
Does this mean that there is a possibility hat there will be NO new engines or rolling stock for 2014?  :o  :o :( >:( :o :'( :-\ :o

I honestly would not be too worried about a new engine and a piece of rolling stock.  As I said before, Bachmann are pretty good about making one new engine and piece of rolling stock a year and they will most likely do just only those two at the very most.  Maybe a Speed-sound Percy might come out as well to join the Thomas model.  However, I do think other additions like road characters, human figures, or other buildings are out of the question due to the introduction (and the quantity) of the resin buildings.  

Quote from: seanrail on January 30, 2014, 04:28:46 PM

You never stop with Gordon's coaches, do you? :P  I imagine if they do make a comeback they'd most likely come back with the original design Bachmann made them with and they probably won't make new toolings just for them.  They haven't done so with some of their older models like Thomas, Percy, and James, which I think is saying something about new toolings for something that is currently discontinued.

Quote from: Sparks on January 29, 2014, 02:50:12 AM
Maybe soon Bachmann will make this shed from Season 6... :P

Now THIS I would get for my layout!  I'd like to see Bachmann do that if they plan to add more with their resin building line in the future. :)
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.