News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

BACHMANN TO DO RESIN BUILDINGS

Started by thomasj219, January 29, 2014, 01:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorran202

Well, remember that Donald and Douglas were pushed back a year (from 2010 to 2011), and were released in the same year as Diesel (albeit earlier than Diesel, but close enough). So logically, if Bachmann did announce a character (I suppose along the lines of a tank engine or a diesel shunter), it would be possible to do so in this year. We'll see later on, especially with an exhibition that'll eventually provide what Arry or Bert (both even) will look like.

PaulGWR

This buildings and Jeremy look amazing, I should get one of them for my layout

PasqualeCS96

What exactly does resin mean? I never understood that

seanrail

Resin is material a bit like porcelain.

seanrail

Quote from: Chaz on January 30, 2014, 11:44:19 PM
Quote from: Fergusfan17 on January 30, 2014, 03:09:44 PM
Does this mean that there is a possibility hat there will be NO new engines or rolling stock for 2014?  :o  :o :( >:( :o :'( :-\ :o

I honestly would not be too worried about a new engine and a piece of rolling stock.  As I said before, Bachmann are pretty good about making one new engine and piece of rolling stock a year and they will most likely do just only those two at the very most.  Maybe a Speed-sound Percy might come out as well to join the Thomas model.  However, I do think other additions like road characters, human figures, or other buildings are out of the question due to the introduction (and the quantity) of the resin buildings.  

Quote from: seanrail on January 30, 2014, 04:28:46 PM
On February 16th to 19th to be exact.

If they do annouce any more rolling stock with Troublesome Truck #4, my top of the list rolling stock is Gordon's Express Coaches with a Tooling accurate to the current TV episodes.

You never stop with Gordon's coaches, do you? :P  I imagine if they do make a comeback they'd most likely come back with the original design Bachmann made them with and they probably won't make new toolings just for them.  They haven't done so with some of their older models like Thomas, Percy, and James, which I think is saying something about new toolings for something that is currently discontinued.

Quote from: Sparks on January 29, 2014, 02:50:12 AM
Maybe soon Bachmann will make this shed from Season 6... :P

Now THIS I would get for my layout!  I'd like to see Bachmann do that if they plan to add more with their resin building line in the future. :)
Chaz, they have upgraded the mail van and tankers to CGI form, I'm sure they will do the same for Gordon's coaches.

Chaz

Quote from: seanrail on February 01, 2014, 11:05:32 AM
Chaz, they have upgraded the mail van and tankers to CGI form, I'm sure they will do the same for Gordon's coaches.
There's a difference between a logo switch and a new tooling for rolling stock.  The latter was what you implied.  Instead of assuming on what kind of tooling they will have if they are come back, let's just wait until the toy fair comes, which is in less than three weeks.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

thomasj219

In the way of coaches I personally would prefer the Red Coaches above all others.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

BassTbone

I am looking forward to these buildings!   ;D

IMO, I'm more excited about them than the engines at the moment! 

TobyTheTram16

They look fantastic, well done Bachmann!