Bachmann S2 with sound Valve stops when going thru switchs

Started by Grandpagator, February 18, 2014, 12:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandpagator

My S2 will stop on every Atlas Custom Line Switch.  There is no sound or power.  get beyond the switch, it works fine.  Switches are clean.  This is the only engine with sound valve the does this.  Any Ideas?
Thanks.
Grandpagator

jward

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

bapguy

I use ground throws on my turnouts, so what I did was add a feeder to each rail at the point end. At the frog end, I cut a gap in one of the rails coming off the frog a couples of inches past the frog and put a feeder wire on it. You may have to add power feeders to the points as well. With the power off check continuity between the point rails where they hinge by the frog end. This is where I added the feeders as needed. I can run all my locos through the turnouts at speed step 1 with no problems.  Joe

ALCO1000

see if your engine will run wile holding it on just the front truck wile holding it then check to see if it will run on just the other set of wheels , this will determine witch truck has a connection problem,wiring bent pickup tab at the back of the wheels, possible causes,!,I HAVE A FEW OF THESE  and had the same issue ,one time the wire was loose at the circuit board clip ,then the pickup tabs behind the wheel were a little loose ,bend to adjust ,then wire broke off at pickup tab solder joint from too much handling,once these were taken care of no problems,and it has been running a marathon since,
JACK

West Bound

I agree with Alco 1000. Mine did the same thing. After troubleshooting everything I bent the wiper pickups out against the wheels a little more and that solved the issue. Goes thru all turnouts at all speeds with no hesitation. - John