News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Will K27 be painted?

Started by K487, September 28, 2007, 10:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K487

Bachman:

Thank you, Lee, and Bachmann Company for producing the upcoming F scale K27.  As a customer I am greatly looking forward to owning at least two of these locomotives.  I and others do indeed appreciate all of your (plural) efforts.

In case I missed it, can you let us know if Bachmann is going to paint the boiler and tender shells and all exterior items on your K27s, vs. leaving these items in semi-gloss plastic shine?  I'm hoping you will paint the exterior items as this will help make (along with the Pittman motor and hopefully stout drive train) this locomotive one class act.  Thanks.

Doug

Curmudgeon

I am wracking my feeble brain trying to remember the last 1:20 locomotive that was bare plastic from Bachmann.

Nope.
Can't think of one.

Why would you think they might leave paint off them?
Even the Anniversaries are painted.

Personally, I think turquois plastic, unpainted, would be, well, interesting.

45 tonner- painted.
2-8-0- painted
4-4-0 and 2-6-0 (both), painted.
Shay, Climax and Heisler, painted.
Porters, painted.

Steve Stockham

Ah c'mon Dave, give the guy a break! A semi-glossy black engine does look a bit plastic when first taken out of the box! I must admit though that Spectrum quality engines (like the 2-8-0) have a finish that is decidedly flat! I will also attest that I have never seen plastic that had a flat finish! So I guess the answer to K487's question would be, "Don't worry! The K-27 will come with a superb finish to match the exquisite detailing! (Weathering the engine is up to the owner however! ;))

K487

Dave:  Thank you for the answer.

Steve:  Thank for the defense and answer.

Doug

Curmudgeon

I think I'll lobby for a turquois one anyway.

And, hey, you can always Simonize the jacket!

JLyans

So will the K-27 have that nice, smooth, lead based paint?
:o

Kevin Strong

It's heavier. Makes for better traction.  ;D

Later,

K

Curmudgeon

All part of the "big plan".

My understanding is the K will be released in turquoise with mauve trim and lettered for some obscure prototype, something like East Narrow Bottom.
It is, from what I hear, supposed to satisfy those who model that particualr railroad.

Steve Stockham

Oooooh.........that is so retro! Better be careful or that color scheme will be the big hit in all those trendy homes up on the hill! :D

Curmudgeon

Especially with the orange LED's in the journals on the optional rolling stock to simulate hotboxes.
Bachmann will be the only ones in any scale to model that.