Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New York Toy Fair 2014

Started by seanrail, February 05, 2014, 08:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanrail

New York Toy Fair

February 16th to 19th 2014

Submit your views of the new and if shown, re-released Thomas & Friends products here.

seanrail

Any last minute predictions anyone?

Zorran202

Oliver (and hopefully Toad). Considering that Duck's been out since last year, it would be logical for them to release just one new engine for this year, and seeing that we have yet to see Arry, Bert, and TT#4 too. We'll see for sure when the time comes...

seanrail

Towerhobbies announced product codes and bachmann RRPs for resin buildings

35901 Maithwaite Station $129
35902 Black Loch Folly $29
35903 Signal Box $43
35904 Brendam Docks Warehouse $115

There are also new rolling stock for the large scale line

98013 Red Open Wagon $89
98014 Cream Tanker $89

Chaz

Well the red wagon and cream tanker are by no means a surprise. The large scale line has always done repaints in every way they could, and this is no exception.  So going with the fact that there is no Henrietta or any van this year is a disappointment, but seeing as how they have run out of repaints there may be better luck next year?

I'm surprised no new engines have been listed yet for either range but I am sure there will be more to come soon.  
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

seanrail

Quote from: Chaz on February 13, 2014, 11:49:54 AM
Well the red wagon and cream tanker are by no means a surprise. The large scale line has always done repaints in every way they could, and this is no exception.  So going with the fact that there is no Henrietta or any van this year is a disappointment, but seeing as how they have run out of repaints there may be better luck next year?

I'm surprised no new engines have been listed yet for either range but I am sure there will be more to come soon.
don't worry, Chaz. just three more days till the toy fair, then after the four days of the toy fair, we should have the final lineup for 2014.

JLK2707

So don't just give up on a large scale Henrietta yet, because she could still be mentioned!:)

Chaz

Quote from: seanrail on February 13, 2014, 05:00:55 PM
don't worry, Chaz. just three more days till the toy fair, then after the four days of the toy fair, we should have the final lineup for 2014.
Quote from: JLK2707 on February 13, 2014, 11:27:43 PM
So don't just give up on a large scale Henrietta yet, because she could still be mentioned!:)

If there was a large scale Henrietta it would have been with the rest of the rolling stock mentioned at Tower Hobbies.  It's exactly what happened last year as far as repaints go, just different colors and logos thrown onto them.  The large scale line rarely throws more than two pieces of rolling stock a year nowadays.  So no, it looks like Henrietta won't be in the range this year, with other pieces of rolling stock.  Announcements have been lighter, resulting into more repaints and less new toolings altogether just because Bachmann has been dealing with a tough marketing business.  It's exactly why HO has been reusing toolings for rolling stock and even engines (which would explain three sets of twins, with one pair being a repaint of another existing locomotive).  So in the end, Bachmann is doing their best to keep their range alive, despite marketing issues they have to face.  They're doing a great job keeping the range alive as it is, and I have a feeling there is more to come this year too as far as an engine for large scale goes, and other additions in HO. 

One other thing I would like to mention is it took the HO line a little over two years to announce Henrietta after Toby came out, so I'm going to assume the same will happen with large scale too.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

JLK2707

You are right, just because there is no Henrietta or van for the large scale range does not mean that there cannot be in the future! ;)

seanrail

Quote from: JLK2707 on February 14, 2014, 10:15:44 AM
You are right, just because there is no Henrietta or van for the large scale range does not mean that there cannot be in the future! ;)
Quite so. They might announce a Large Scale Henrietta at the NMRA show in July 13-20 in Cleveland, Ohio; if not, 2015 for Thomas' 70th anniversary. Hope Bachmann do a special Line up in 2015 too for Thomas' 70th anniversary.

I will do a page on Thomas' 70th anniversary later on this year, where you can suggest which locomotives, rolling stock, figures, vehicles, plastic 7 resin buildings and re-releases that would be suitable for Bachmann to release in 2015 as part of Thomas' 70th Anniversary.

JLK2707

2014 Thomas range:

HO scale:

1. Oliver
2. Toad
3. Paxton
4. Sidney
5. Diesel 10
6. Arthur
7. Red coaches

Re-releases:

HO scale:

1. Tar wagon

Large scale:

1. Edward
2. Henrietta

PasqualeCS96

Is that for sure or are these just predictions?

seanrail

JLK2707

seanrail

Quote from: JLK2707 on February 14, 2014, 05:40:53 PM
2014 Thomas range:

HO scale:

1. Oliver
2. Toad
3. Paxton
4. Sidney
5. Diesel 10
6. Arthur