News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

SD-90 fuel tank

Started by stationmaster12, February 07, 2014, 11:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stationmaster12

Hello all,
I'm looking to get an SD-90 very soon and I am wondering if the fuel tank assembly and truck side frames can be swapped out for those of an SD-45 or an FP-45. I think these changes will improve the looks of these locomotives.
Thanks!
Keep God first in all that you do.

phillyreading

I would think that an SD-45 fuel tank could fit but check it when you get your SD-90.
Not sure if an FP-45 would fit correctly as that should be a passenger engine with a larger water tank for the heating in the passenger cars and may have a larger fuel tank as well if true scale is followed.

Lee F.

stationmaster12

Thanks! I ordered my SD90 today from Trainworld. It's the UP heritage MOPAC. Can't wait to get it!!! It should get to me on Friday! They have quite a few Williams diesels for $99!!! That's is definitely a great value! Check it out:

http://www.trainworldonline.com/manufacturers/williams/williams-diesel-engines/sd90/emd-sd90-powered-up-heritage-mopac-21810/

Plus the person on the phone was very pleasant and handled my order great!

phillyreading

Quote from: stationmaster12 on February 12, 2014, 11:53:16 PM
Thanks! I ordered my SD90 today from Trainworld. It's the UP heritage MOPAC. Can't wait to get it!!! It should get to me on Friday! They have quite a few Williams diesels for $99!!! That's is definitely a great value! Check it out:

http://www.trainworldonline.com/manufacturers/williams/williams-diesel-engines/sd90/emd-sd90-powered-up-heritage-mopac-21810/

Plus the person on the phone was very pleasant and handled my order great!

Trainworld has some great bargains for those who can afford them right now!
But I think that I have enough trains for now, at least that is what I am told by the wife. Last count was over 100 pieces of rolling stock; freight and passenger, and around 18 to 20 engines, and at least six transformers.

Lee F.

stationmaster12

Hey Lee,
Ahh, there is always room for "one" more...LOL. But you know that old saying " If mama aint happy, no one is". My wife doesn't mind my trains I keep them on my layout in the garage with my drum set as well..she gets the rest of the house. :) and I'm ok with that.

phillyreading

Quote from: stationmaster12 on February 13, 2014, 11:12:43 PM
Hey Lee,
Ahh, there is always room for "one" more...LOL. But you know that old saying " If mama aint happy, no one is". My wife doesn't mind my trains I keep them on my layout in the garage with my drum set as well..she gets the rest of the house. :) and I'm ok with that.

Right now 'mama' is mainly bringing in the money so what she says about purchases is final. Also I am trying to purchase items with the Reading Lines or Reading Company or Philadelphia & Reading Railways on them.

Lee F.