News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

To whom this may concern

Started by Simon Greasly, September 30, 2007, 03:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Greasly

It has come to my attention that our world that is the world and life of a model railroder has come under the stereotyping of that cruel mstress of comedic television. If all of you were to direct your attention to this weeks upcoming episode of robot chicken(A hit show on the cartoon network adult swim lineup created by seth green) you will quickly see what i mean. In short the parody shows a man playing with his model layout climing to be in a "happy mood" stating that even though he has naver married and never had any kid all he needs is his trainset which will take him to lonelyville. This parody may be comdedic to others but i find it might be a little too over the top for seth green and therefore it sould not have been aired. I know that i might sound like nothing but a critic but I'm just trying to protect my way of life. if those of you wish to comment on this do as you wish but only know that i wish to keep my veiws.
Thank You
City of Truro, Flying Scotsman, and the Mallard. Who will be the next to break the speed.

BillD53A

Dont have any idea what you are talking about, but remember that tv show was written by a drunken drug addict.

richG

Quote from: Simon Greasly on September 30, 2007, 03:59:59 AM
It has come to my attention that our world that is the world and life of a model railroder has come under the stereotyping of that cruel mstress of comedic television. If all of you were to direct your attention to this weeks upcoming episode of robot chicken(A hit show on the cartoon network adult swim lineup created by seth green) you will quickly see what i mean. In short the parody shows a man playing with his model layout climing to be in a "happy mood" stating that even though he has naver married and never had any kid all he needs is his trainset which will take him to lonelyville. This parody may be comdedic to others but i find it might be a little too over the top for seth green and therefore it sould not have been aired. I know that i might sound like nothing but a critic but I'm just trying to protect my way of life. if those of you wish to comment on this do as you wish but only know that i wish to keep my veiws.
Thank You

You really need to view you model railroad a lot more or maybe get a life.

Rich

WoundedBear

LMAO....there's a reason I don't waste my time with television ::)

Being a forum troll is much more entertaining.....and interactive too....lololol.

Sid

Atlantic Central

The best way to "Censor" bad art is to ignore it!

I can proudly say thousands of TV shows have come and gone without me ever seeing an episode. Take note sponsers, you are not reaching me.

TV is mostly empty minded garbage for the empty minded, and movies are only slightly better.

Sheldon

Simon Greasly

sry i guess i got a little carried away just ignore this topic Thx  :-\
City of Truro, Flying Scotsman, and the Mallard. Who will be the next to break the speed.

Woody Elmore

Hm... reading the above post (or making the attempt) makes me think that the author has spent a tad too much time in front of a TV.

vic

OMG is this for real?  its ROBOT CHICKEN for crying out loud.... ???

FYI its supposed to be offensive, abusive and way way over the top, otherwise it wouldnt be Robot Chicken!!!!

If you cant stand a little self parody you really shouldnt watch a show like that and should instead go sit in the corner and read a book, I feel sorry for you if you ever hear the "Real Men of Genius" beer ad about model RRers, you'll have a coronary  :D

I'm looking forward to seeing this one now! I LOVE Robot Chicken...Hehehe ;D

PS for youz who dont know what Robot Chicken is, its a stop motion comedy show thats a collection of shorts and clips, overall most of the bits are pretty funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZd-QgJcQBU

scottychaos

And here is the "real men of genuis" ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwPZT4Y2_mU

pretty funny!   :D

Scot

r.cprmier

Do any of you old guys remember the episode of "The FBI" (Zymbalist) where the abusive husband/father was really obsessed with his trains, and when he died, his son went over the edge and made the statement:
Do you what he did one time?  He hit me with a piece of track!"
THe origin of the expression "ROFLMAO" appeared then.  I'd like to know what featherhead thought up that one, given the visualization of someone trying to take a swipe at someone with a piece of Atlas code 100...  Yeah, I know... Cracks me up, too!  And these guys got paid real money for that stupidity!

RIch
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

vic

yeah but imaging explaining to the school nurse why he had red welted Atlas tie patterns all over his backside ;D

Guilford Guy

Quote from: r.cprmier on October 01, 2007, 03:27:04 PM
Do any of you old guys remember the episode of "The FBI" (Zymbalist) where the abusive husband/father was really obsessed with his trains, and when he died, his son went over the edge and made the statement:
Do you what he did one time?  He hit me with a piece of track!"
THe origin of the expression "ROFLMAO" appeared then.  I'd like to know what featherhead thought up that one, given the visualization of someone trying to take a swipe at someone with a piece of Atlas code 100...  Yeah, I know... Cracks me up, too!  And these guys got paid real money for that stupidity!

RIch
So would flex track work like a whip? ROFL :P
Railroad Spike FIGHT!!!

And this is for those who might suffer from anger at slow internet...
Alex

RAM

Guy, that looks like the first week of November next year

vic

Slow computer? I use too...fixed it

PhilipCal

When the day arrives in which I allow the media to dictate my choices, that's the day my model railroad will turn it's last wheel. Being retired, I find myself spending more time in the train room, and less and less in front of the TV.