News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

A new layout!

Started by wiley209, February 10, 2014, 09:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

Quote from: jward on November 09, 2014, 11:29:32 PM
the early p2ks were improved athearn clones. the Ernst gears would fit them as well, and if you needed replacement parts, athearn gears were a drop in replacement. the biggest improvement I saw with p2k was the can motor.

Agreed, the can motor made a vast improvement in the running quality.

Cheers

Roger T.

Doneldon

Quote from: Jerrys HO on November 09, 2014, 09:29:07 AM
my layout is built to what I like.

Jerry-

These eight words describe our hobby as well as any I've heard in a long time.

-- D

Doneldon

Roger-

While I'm glad that you apologized to Wiley, I'm disappointed that you chose to ignore most of my last paragraph: "Please don't try to weasel out of what you wrote. Your put-down and intent are obvious."

Do you really think you can rudely ridicule another modeler's choices without deriding the modeler as well? I'm afraid your smirk and your scorn were all too obvious.
                                           -- D

jbrock27

I agree, AHM and Life Like pre Proto locos were/are also junk.
Keep Calm and Carry On

rogertra

Quote from: Doneldon on November 10, 2014, 03:12:49 AM
Roger-

While I'm glad that you apologized to Wiley, I'm disappointed that you chose to ignore most of my last paragraph: "Please don't try to weasel out of what you wrote. Your put-down and intent are obvious."

Do you really think you can rudely ridicule another modeler's choices without deriding the modeler as well? I'm afraid your smirk and your scorn were all too obvious.
                                           -- D

That's your interpretation, I know what my intent was and I stick by it.

Cheers.

Roger T.

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

wiley209

Got a cool new piece of rolling stock today...

Bachmann's animated horse car! Not surprisingly, it was in "Silver Series" packaging. It's very reminiscent of Lionel's old horse car (do they even make it anymore?) Almost like something Bachmann would've made in the 1970s or 1980s, but with much better wheels and couplers! (Or maybe TYCO would've beaten them to it?)

Here it is on one of my trains.

Signs of Christmas are starting to show up on my layout too! The town tree was set up next to the church.

The downtown train station has been decorated for the holiday now, too!

My Christmas train so far.

jbrock27

W, if you are asking about LIONEL HO, they've long since stopped selling/making HO freight cars.  There is a  Bachmann connection though-at the time, the same factory producing cars for Bachmann, also produced some for LIONEL.

Of course, if you hanker for "rare" "vintage" "hard to find" LIONEL HO cars, you can always find them for exorbitant prices on Flea Bay.
Keep Calm and Carry On

wiley209

Quote from: jbrock27 on November 22, 2014, 07:03:27 AM
W, if you are asking about LIONEL HO, they've long since stopped selling/making HO freight cars.  There is a  Bachmann connection though-at the time, the same factory producing cars for Bachmann, also produced some for LIONEL.

Of course, if you hanker for "rare" "vintage" "hard to find" LIONEL HO cars, you can always find them for exorbitant prices on Flea Bay.

Yes, but I meant Lionel making the horse car in O scale.

jbrock27

Why?  Thinking of switching to O scale?
Keep Calm and Carry On

wiley209

Quote from: jbrock27 on November 22, 2014, 03:22:34 PM
Why?  Thinking of switching to O scale?

No, but I noticed it wasn't on Lionel's website, and that made me curious because usually Lionel action cars and accessories stay out for a LONG time.
Turns out the O-gauge Lionel Rodeo Car was only made from 1962 to 1969. Fascinating... maybe that's why Bachmann decided to start making one?

Though I'm thinking some day when I get my own place, I may have both an HO layout and a Lionel "toy train" layout as well.

jbrock27

You could have one now, for around the Xmas tree... ;)

Where did you get the Bachmann livestock car?
Keep Calm and Carry On

Joe323

I looked up that Lionel Horse car on Ebay and found one for sale at about $149 with the pen.  Not my thing but I thought I'd mention it.  Wiley your layout really good and I am enjoying following it.

jbrock27

Joe, was it the one where the animals come in and out of the car via the pen that has the motor/magnets underneath?
Keep Calm and Carry On

Joe323

Yes they come out and march around I believe.