News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

new to THIS forum

Started by oldhhobbyreborn, February 11, 2014, 08:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldhhobbyreborn

New here. Found My way here through looking for a repair request but system seem to be down,,,,,. I model Ho and inch and a half scale.been out of it do to life,but back in with a vengence. I am mainly steam,but starting to look at early deisele to. Hope to chat and maybe help a few out. Tis a great hobby that is what you make of it  :o

Jerrys HO

Welcome to the forum reborn old hobbier. ;D
Looking forward to some of your old knowledge. 8)

Jerry

jward

I think you'll find things have changed a lot, for the better. even most of the low end locomotives to-day run better than the best of the 1970s. gone are talgo truicks and horn hook couplers, replaced by plastic versions of the kadee couplers we spent a fortune on back then. and most of them are body mounted to boot! most cars you can buy rtr are also properly weighted. and everything works so much better than what we had back then.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

oldhhobbyreborn

Yes Im seeing that,,,been buying new to go with the old and like what I have so far except that two of the steamers I have purchased have already had to be replaced in less than a years use when I have 20 and 30 year old engines that still run as good as My new ones,,,,,hell I still have My Santa Fe prairie that is going on 40 years old,first engine from a Starter set that ran the rails for hours at atime and still does