Pictures of your Williams trains in action

Started by stationmaster12, February 12, 2014, 11:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chessie1971

stationmaster12

Soon I will have pics and videos of my SD-90. I was supposed to get it yesterday, but the weather held it up in Maryland. Now it looks like Monday it will be here! Not even UPS can tackle mother nature's fury. LOL
Keep God first in all that you do.

silver69

Added LED's to some of my Williams trains.
Will do more in the future

Steve

Chessie1971

silver69

Thanks!
I wanted to have brighter lights on the exterior so I ordered an assortment of LED's and resistors from the internet and started soldering!

The markers on F7 were made from model car tail light sprues.
I drilled out the cab shells, filed and sanded the red plastic until they fit and used CA to attach the red lense to the LED.

Now at slow speed the headlights are BRIGHT and the red markers give a nice contrast.

Since I did this to the first F7 I have also done the same to the dummy F7 and my  BL-2

Steve

phillyreading

Lee,
Since using the does not work for you ...

Just type img and /img  between left and right square bracket or copy and paste from my example.

If that does not work for you,  then you will have to use another browser if updating your Google Chrome does not solve the issue.

[/quote]

Hunt,

I am using google(just google) not google chrome so I may have to update to google chrome or try internet explorer's new version.

Lee F.

Nick Shultz

Hello everyone I am new to the board and have two Williams by Bachmann a FA-1AA and BL-2 both in Rock Island Line The detailing on these engines is very nice.  I have added led lighting, wired them in series for better slow speed operation and added MRC sound decoders to them you can see them under my name Nick Shultz on you tube

stationmaster12

Hey guys here is a link to my video of my new SD-90!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=380451998762515&set=vb.100003931548059&type=2&theater

I wll have pics up as soon as I can figure out how to get them on the Bachman forum.

stationmaster12

Here is a pic of my new SD-90!

phillyreading

Quote from: stationmaster12 on February 20, 2014, 12:08:45 PM
Here is a pic of my new SD-90!

I hate to say this but none of your photos came through. I too had trouble with this site or my web browser. Try again and see if it will take by using the second or third symbol.

Lee F.

stationmaster12

Hey phillireading,
I saw that so I posted links to my Facebook page. try those. I hate how the Bachman site is so limited on the size of attachments!

stationmaster12

Silver69,
How do you go about adding LED's to your trains? Thanks!!
Jose

silver69

Quote from: stationmaster12 on February 20, 2014, 08:33:27 PM
Silver69,
How do you go about adding LED's to your trains? Thanks!!
Jose

Jose,
It was really easy.
I first remove the cab from the chassis.
Once removed I opened up the holes, I used a pin vise drill to make the first small hole the followed up with an electric drill to make the hole the same size at the raised light bump on the F7 cab.

Next I found clear red plastic and sanded it to the size of the hole, a taillight sprue from a model car kit worked fine. Once done it was 1/4 inch long and flat on both ends.

Next I assembled the LED's and resistors into a shape that fits into the nose of the cab, once soldered together the stayed in place by friction.

I then used CA glue (super glue) to attach the LED's to the red plastic lenses.

Next I soldered on wires to the LED assembly and connected them to the hot and ground on the train chassis and carefully replaced the cab on the chassis.

While I had the cab off I also wired the motors in series, slow speeds are now much smoother.

This was my first attempt and I think the results are great.

Good luck if you decide to give it a try

Steve

phillyreading

Quote from: stationmaster12 on February 20, 2014, 06:14:04 PM
Hey phillireading,
I saw that so I posted links to my Facebook page. try those. I hate how the Bachman site is so limited on the size of attachments!

Hey stationmaster,
I tried your links with no success! Even clicking on the links you posted don't help!
On Facebook it says currently unavailable, 2-22-14 11:55 am EST or New York City time.

I must agree that it is difficult to post photos on here!!!

Lee F.