News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

GP-30 with dcc onboard

Started by slufoot, February 14, 2014, 12:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slufoot

I have two PRR GP-30 engines (#2205 & 2208) with DCC Onboard. I purchased both several years ago while on vacation at the Strasburg Railroad in PA. I placed them on the shelf and forgot about them while I continued building my layout. Yesterday I opened the boxes and placed them on the track. To my surprise, they are both dead. Neither will move. The only function that works is the rear headlight. No motion, no front headlight, nothing. On the test track they both show address as 003, default. I have not tried changing any CV values. If only one misbehaved I would tear into it but when both acted exactly the same I was puzzled.

Any suggestions? I have no problem opening them up to try fixing them but I thought possibly someone there just might have an idea what to look for.

Thanks for your time,

Kevin

richg

S.O.P. Standard Operating Procedure is to do a decoder reset. CV 8, enter 8.

Rich

slufoot

Thanks richg, I will try that right now and see what happens. I do know there is a procedure to reset everything but couldn't recall which CV it was.

Thanks.

slufoot

Well, son-of-a-gun! Reset worked. They both respond as I would expect them to. They are a little stiff and need some run time but they work just fine.

Thank you sir!

KT