What should the next model be from Bachmann?

Started by TJ, February 13, 2014, 09:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipgear

My best guess for the next steam:

C&O / NKP Berkshire - Walthers obviously has forgotten that they own the tooling for them and Bachmann already does them in HO and seems to have a soft spot for C&O loco's. I hope for the C&O version, there are plenty of NKP's out there already.

PRR K4 - Lots of pent up demand.

Russian Decapod - Long shot, just to save face on the previously announced model.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

TJ

How about this, Any locomotive which is either DCC  ON BOARD or DCC READY or ready to accept a  DECODER chip as simple as PLUG-N- PLAY version!

TJ

n-scale chesapeake & ohio

+1 for a K4
Although i would like to see an 0-6-0 with DCC
models the C&O in 1945-55 happily in Canada :D

sumfred

It appears that something is happening, as the 4-8-4 Northern, 4-8-2 Light Mountain and the 2-8-0 Consolidation all have disappeared from the Bachmann list on their web-site. They still show them on the steam locomotive overall view but not on the individual engine list. ( "There are no products to list in this category." )
Fred

gmhtrains

I am less concerned about new prototype models than about new paint schemes for existing models. Bachmann is one of the few major manufacturers of N scale trains not to have produced any motive power or rolling stock lettered for Mexican railroads. Personally, I would rather see more equipment offered for National Railways of Mexico, FC del Pacifico, Chihuahua al Pacifico, FC Sonora-Baja California, FC Mexicano and Unidos del Sureste (1970's-'80's era) than for today's Ferromex, Ferrosur and KCS de Mexico.

Gil Hulin
Eugene, OR

duke2448

4-6-2 Pacific or 2-8-4 Berkshire Dcc ready or equipped

TJ

Quote from: duke2448 on February 27, 2014, 02:25:05 PM

Duke,  I say any locomotive which is either DCC ON BOARD with or without sound or DCC READY or ready to accept a DECODER chip as simple as PLUG-N- PLAY version. As long as it is reasonably priced!

TJ

skipgear

Quote from: TJ on February 27, 2014, 03:51:54 PM
Quote from: duke2448 on February 27, 2014, 02:25:05 PM

Duke,  I say any locomotive which is either DCC ON BOARD with or without sound or DCC READY or ready to accept a DECODER chip as simple as PLUG-N- PLAY version. As long as it is reasonably priced!

TJ

Anything new that comes from Bachmann will have DCC. They have already stated that many times.

Quote from: sumfred on February 24, 2014, 12:17:02 PM
It appears that something is happening, as the 4-8-4 Northern, 4-8-2 Light Mountain and the 2-8-0 Consolidation all have disappeared from the Bachmann list on their web-site. They still show them on the steam locomotive overall view but not on the individual engine list. ( "There are no products to list in this category." )
Fred

It looks like the 4-8-2 Lt. and Heavy, and 2-8-0 are gone. WOW. Distributors are showing them all discontinued. I hope this means there are new replacements announced at this years NMRA show. I'm glad I have a couple of each stashed away. Always wanted a C&O 2-8-0 and never got around to getting one, too late now.

The 4-8-4 Northern has two new versions on the way. The Bachmann product listing is a webstore so it doesn't show items that are not in stock.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

Mdaskalos

Quote from: skipgear on February 27, 2014, 10:28:35 PM

Always wanted a C&O 2-8-0 and never got around to getting one, too late now.

Don't be so sure. trainworldonline.com. I got one around the turn of the new year for eighty bucks. They're still listing them - the latest series, with DCC onboard.

Select Bachmann - Steam locomotive - N Scale. Then go to last listing of last page.

Desertdweller

I would really like to see an updated H-12-44.  I've had four Minitrix examples over the past 35 years.
2 UP models I backdated to H-10-44's with the overhanging cab roofs.  I wore these out and bought a third for parts, then pretty much wore the replacement parts out.

Last year, my son bought me an ATSF H-12-44 new old stock.  I modified it with diode-controlled lighting at both ends and it is currently in service.  It should last another 10-15 years.

If I am still alive by then, I'll be looking for another.

Les

TJ

Quote from: Desertdweller on February 27, 2014, 11:15:55 PM
I would really like to see an updated H-12-44.  I've had four Minitrix examples over the past 35 years.
2 UP models I backdated to H-10-44's with the overhanging cab roofs.  I wore these out and bought a third for parts, then pretty much wore the replacement parts out.

Last year, my son bought me an ATSF H-12-44 new old stock.  I modified it with diode-controlled lighting at both ends and it is currently in service.  It should last another 10-15 years.

If I am still alive by then, I'll be looking for another.

Les

Les,

I'LL second that motion.

TJ

inkaneer

Quote from: Mdaskalos on February 27, 2014, 11:00:52 PM
Quote from: skipgear on February 27, 2014, 10:28:35 PM

Always wanted a C&O 2-8-0 and never got around to getting one, too late now.

Don't be so sure. trainworldonline.com. I got one around the turn of the new year for eighty bucks. They're still listing them - the latest series, with DCC onboard.

Select Bachmann - Steam locomotive - N Scale. Then go to last listing of last page.

Gee,  I guess I was real fortunate to pick up two of them [with DCC on board] in the last two weeks on that auction site.  Got them for minimum bid of $65.00 each.  Some of the prices there just defy logic.

heintz

Country Joe

Quote from: heintz on May 24, 2014, 06:49:43 PM
Obviously, PRR E6 and K4

Not so obvious to me. I have no interest in either. Whatever they produce, some of us will be happy and some of us won't.

The K4 is a PRR loco. I don't know if Bachmann would sell enough of them to make it worth their while. They did produce a K4 in HO, but the HO market is about 3 times the size of the N scale market. I'd love to see some NYC steam engines but I think generic locos that could be lettered for a number of roads make more sense in our scale. Unfortunately, there's just not enough of us. I don't think we will ever see the road specific steamers like HO has. Of course, I hope I'm wrong.