Dynamis controlling: Kato HO 376582-LS EMD F40PH?

Started by rjwalter, February 11, 2014, 06:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjwalter

At the present time I have only ran Bachmann DCC trains with my EZ command Dynamis wireless DCC controller.
I'd like to purchase the following:

Kato HO 376582-LS EMD F40PH with Ditch Lights, Amtrak Phase III #396 (Kobo Shop Exclusive with DCC and ESU Lok Sound)

Does anyone see any issues with running this particular locomotive with my Dynamis DCC setup?

Thanks-RJW

Jerrys HO

rj

Any NMRA compliant DCC controller should be able to operate any NMRA compliant decoder. The only thing that may be a problem is some DCC systems do not have the use of all functions.
The best I can tell you is to check your system and see if it can operate all the functions available on your loco's decoder which you should have instructions stating what functions are available on your decoder.
I know my MTH loco has more functions than I can control with my system but I am OK with that.

Jerry

AGSB

It is possible to remap the function buttons on the controller so you can operate all functions available on the decoder. However, you cannot do that with the basic Dynamis system. You will have to expand to the Dynamis Pro Box to be able to read and change decoder CVs.

Doneldon

Quote from: AGSB on February 12, 2014, 08:42:27 AM
It is possible to remap the function buttons on the controller so you can operate all functions available on the decoder. However, you cannot do that with the basic Dynamis system. You will have to expand to the Dynamis Pro Box to be able to read and change decoder CVs.

... or ask a friend with another system to help you remap the CVs. This would be a one-time thing and therefore you wouldn't need the ability to repeatedly do the remapping.
                                                 -- D

AGSB

Now, who would of ever thought of doing that - not me, not me, don't pick me!!!

Hunt

Quote from: AGSB on February 12, 2014, 08:42:27 AM

To the extent a DCC decoder supports Function Mapping, the basic Dynamis system will program the required CVs. The Dynamis Pro Box is not required to remap functions. But it is required to read any  CV.