News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

RS 3 Seaboard

Started by wmwalker, February 14, 2014, 05:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wmwalker

I just picked up my RS 3 Seaboard this afternoon and all I can say is WOW this engine is OUTSTANDING WBB has out done them self this time. The detail is great and the the sound is over the top. Take a look.

It even has a lock out switch under the bottom for direction. I also heard from local hobby shop that the new sound system will be out late summer. I placed my order today while I was there. Guy's this engine is wonderful.  :)
Thanks
Wyatt

Chessie1971

r0gruth

WM,

What do you mean the "new sound system will be out late summer"?
Roger

wmwalker

The sound system that is now being used in the RS3 and GP30 will be a plug an play add on or replacement to the true blast II. So I plan on replacing my True Blast II with the 16 bit system. That is what I was saying. Sorry I should have explained better but was just excited about the my new RS3 engine. ;D
Thanks
Wyatt

tsched

Pretty sure r0gruth's confusion stems from a logical assumption that the locomotive would be ready to go WITH THE NEW SOUND right out of the box.  So I looked at the unit's description and it does say "Our model comes ready to go to work with True Blast Plus™ 16-bit polyphonic sound including prime mover, horn, and bell".  But then, under the 'features' (bullet points) it says "True Blast Plus™ 16-bit polyphonic sound including prime mover, horn, and bell".  This seems to be opening a can of worms and perhaps a tad bit of misrepresentation.  I would likely not buy a locomotive that was advertised as having a new, upgraded sound system that I not only had to wait for but had to pay extra for.

M1FredQ

Hi wmwalker

The SEABOARD  version was the one I wanted. It is awesome looking and I will be placing my order soon!!

Thanks wm

r0gruth

So I'm still confused.
Do the RS-3 and GP-30 have these sound boards as delivered?
If the board is an add-on for these new locos I would be very disappointed
sinc ethe price is a bit higher for these locos.

If the boards will be available for use in TrueBlast II locos that may or may
not be of interest to me depending on cost.My wife says I am a cheapskate.
My only real dislike of Williams locos is the unvariable whistle and horn.The
actual sound is OK.

It seems that it gets harder and harder to find new locos with just basic horn,
whistle and possibly smoke.I don't really care for all of the sounds and tricks.

I hope Bachmann does not turn the Williams line into a higher price line that
is just like every other company.Keep it basic please.It works every time.
Roger

wmwalker

R0gruth
The GP30 and RS3 both are totally complete with the new sound system which includes horn and bell with primer mover sounds. All I was saying before was if someone wanted to upgrade there Engines they would be able to buy this sound system and add it to and older engine. Right now you can only get the true blast II sound system to add to an engine that has no horn or bell.

I did not pay any more my RS3 than the my GP30. So I feel like a got a good engine for a nice price. I personally cannot afford the other brands anymore. I think WBB has stepped up to the plate for reasonable price for what is included in the engine. At least I can afford it for now.  :)

I hope I have cleared up any confusion I my have caused.

Here is what the sound is like. I have have the engine in the neutral position so I can make the video and let you hear the prime mover and horn and bell.

http://s213.photobucket.com/user/wmwalker_2007/media/Trains/RS3%20Seaboard/IMG_0653_zps3804c35f.mp4.html
Thanks
Wyatt

M1FredQ

thanks for posting wm

those sounds are really nice !!!

Not to mention the engine is really cool!!!!

cant wait to get the one I ordered

r0gruth

Wyatt,

Now that clears up a lot of stuff.

I am not a big fan of sounds other than whistle/horn and bell
but the engine sound is acceptable even if it is not the correct
sound for that particular loco.
Can the engine sound be turned off?
I think I said earlier that the only complaint I have with Williams
locos is the pre-set whistle/horn pattern.The sound itself is OK.
When the boards become available I may look into them.
I also have an interest in the GP-30 and the RS-3.

Thank you for the info.
Roger

Bucksco

The RS 3 features the correct prime mover (engine) sound for this locomotive. It features sound recorded by SoundTraxx of an ALCO 244 diesel engine. In fact all of the locos that feature the new soundboard have sounds that are locomotive specific.

M1FredQ

wm and Bachmann

I placed my order yesterday for a Seaboard RS-3 Mario's TRains has them in stock and his wife said it will ship today!!!!!

She even said she really likes the way it looks and it was her favorite of all the RS-3's !!!!

CAn't wait to get it.

wmwalker

Fred
You will really like that RS3 Seaboard. I have not taken mine off the layout since I got it. What a great engine. By the way Run number 270 of the OGR magazine has a nice write on this engine starting on page 19 thru 24 I believe.

Yardmaster
Thanks for posting on this thread and clearing up any issues about the sound. I personally love the new prime mover sounds. My GP30 and now the RS3. I am looking forward to getting more engines as they are released.
Thanks
Wyatt

stationmaster12

Hey WMWalker,
In regards to the "new" sound upgrades, Did they happen to mention if there will be a sound upgrade for the SD-90's? I just got mine which has the older TB-2 from Trainworld and I'd like to upgrade it in the future. Also any mention on price point? Thanks again!!
Jose
Keep God first in all that you do.

wmwalker

stationmaster12
Well this is what I was told by my LHS so this is all I know which might not be as I was told. There will be 4 different prime mover engine sounds but he did not tell what each was going to be and the List price was 99.00 but I would guess you will be able to get it between 50 to 60 dollars and should just plug into the reversing board. Maybe Yardmaster will post and get us up to date on what is coming out but WBB might wait until YORK in April to announce the new things coming out. Maybe someone else on the forum might know and share with us.
Thanks
Wyatt