News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bachman ez-track turnouts

Started by whummel, February 19, 2014, 10:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whummel

:) ok i know there have been numerous messages about ez track turnouts . I'm just confused at this point .
I have a basic layout at this point with final tracK work will have four turnouts .
How do I wire these things using the bachman dcc controller ,  DO I need to use a secondary dcc controller and if I do how would i wire the the second controller . this just seems a bit confusing right now and with the the stuff i read just makes it worse  Will the single dcc controller be enough to power the 4 turnouts and the trains .will be running accesories on a different controller.
well thanks for any help or imformation

Jerrys HO

wh

Unless you purchased the turnouts with a decoder installed (no wires or controller), you will not be able to operate them from your DCC controller.
The turnouts that come with a supplied controller are wired like this diagragm...

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/HO__6_Turnouts_Instructions.pdf

You will need to wire to a separate A/C power supply such as the ones you may use for your lighting.
If you care to they can be wired to the same controller as they only draw power for a nano second when the controller is thrown. This may cause your lights and other accessories to dim momentarily.

Jerry