News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New releases of n steam Locomotives

Started by duke2448, February 24, 2014, 07:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duke2448

Is bachmann going to continue creating n scale versions of the steam locomotives 2-6-0.4-6-0,2-8-0, 4-8-2,very nice but maybe the 2-8-4 bershire in N scale DCC ready or equipped versions,We see plenty of the HO ,Lionel O but but stopped with a few, the spectrum series in very good I don't think anyone has one yet but it maybe food for thought I see that on ebay 2-8-4 berks are gobble up quick. :o even with them being from 70's to I think the late 80's and not any more then rivarossi/con cor, this may be something to consider in furture is this a good idea or is it not.

Thanks  ;) ( Make a new version of N scale Berkshire with modern technology)

gatrhumpy

Country Joe

I also don't understand what you are asking. Are you asking for them to produce new runs of the same locos plus a berkshire? Are you asking for new roadnames? New locos? It's really not clear.

duke2448

Wanted to know if Bachmann was going to produce a N SCALE BERKSHIRE with modern technology

They have made them in HO, then could they possibly be produced in a N SCALE VERSION.

Hopefully that makes it easy to understand.

Country Joe

Yes, it does make it easy, and I agree. I'd love to see a Berkshire.

gatrhumpy

With Life-Like last producing them, it's not going to happen.

Bucksco

Guess we will all have to wait until the July NMRA show to see if it is true or not....

Country Joe

Quote from: Yardmaster on March 01, 2014, 09:36:45 AM
Guess we will all have to wait until the July NMRA show to see if it is true or not....

This sounds promising. Is there a new steam loco coming? I will have to be patient I guess.

I don't think what Life Like produced in the past will matter. If Bachmann makes a Berkshire it will have DCC on board and maybe even sound. The Life Like Berkshire wasn't DCC ready. Besides, Bachmann has recently made the GP7 and the RS3, which have been made numerous times by other manufacturers. I'm excited to see what's coming this year.

kewatin

a dcc version of the 4-8-4 northern with different tender assortments, vandy, long etc. maybe venture into sound with it.northerns were the mainstay of most railroads in n america and were still running when diesels took over. with a little tooling magic,they would fit under the guisses of many railroads whom used them.while on the subject i wonder why there has never been another re run of the heavy mountains with dcc on board, this loco along with the 2-8-0 raised the bar as to what BACHMANN could do into making a fantastic &fine running &pulling n scale loco, comparable to th best mfg's out there. a berk,hudson,pacific would also be very accomodating,so many wants and not enough time.in closing any new releases are ok with me and BACHMANN is the only mfg in the steam segment thats dcc and affordable. my thoughts and opion.
regards and later KEWATIN

dtpowell

A new steam loco? Ah yes the Berkshire with new modern technology. That would be nice and would be well received. However Hell has frozen over twice since Minitrix introduced their Pennsylvania K-4 4-6-2. I'd like to hope Bachmann might at least think about manufacturing it at some time. Plus, if manufacturing an HO version is a pre requisite. The Bachmann K-4 has been out a long while now, much longer than the Berkshire. However, I'm only one person in need of a loco. I have no Idea what Bachmann has planned this year, but I do know whatever it may be the planning and prototyping has probably been completed and I'll just have to wait till August. Happy to have my EM-1 at last.

duke2448

8)K 4 4-6-2's  an any heavy pacific would be sweet  :)

skipgear

The PRR fans and cool their jets, you can put the K4 requests on hold for a while....Broadway has finally put a hard date on the arrival of the M1's so you will have something road specific to play with. The M1's are due by the 2014 Hollidays, only 10 years after they were first announced.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

kmcsjr

Quote from: skipgear on March 05, 2014, 12:36:57 PM
The PRR fans and cool their jets, you can put the K4 requests on hold for a while....Broadway has finally put a hard date on the arrival of the M1's so you will have something road specific to play with. The M1's are due by the 2014 Hollidays, only 10 years after they were first announced.
Tony
You're killing me! Of course the M1s are coming.... jk(here's hoping..
Back to Bachmann steam. You make it, I buy it. Put some dcc and spectrum technology into your smaller models too :). It would be AWESOME, if you made a berk with a cow catcher and maybe convinced WB that Lionel cant possibly have polar express licensing, in a scale they don't produce..... of course, if you succeed, I will pester about the hogwarts express.

inkaneer

Quote from: skipgear on March 05, 2014, 12:36:57 PM

Yeah, and I'm glad I didn't hold my breath.