STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 09, 2019, 05:48:51 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Thomas and Friends in 2015
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Thomas and Friends in 2015  (Read 64473 times)
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 05:04:45 PM »

First off I will say this;
Stepney would be so pointless at this time, since alot of online retailers still have the Hornby one in stock.

Hornby making models has never stopped Bachmann from producing the same character at a different time.  Bachmann even made Spencer before Hornby did, so it's hard to compare those two companies in that department (it's like comparing apples to oranges).  So Stepney wouldn't be a "pointless" addition at all. Smiley

Just curious, what rolling stock and other additions are you interested in besides locomotives?

I'm not saying Bachmann shouldn't make Stepney, I just don't think now wouldn't be the best time. Hornby Stepney is relatively easy to find online, right now for the time being. 
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 07:11:05 PM »

I dunno about most people, but I'm not going to pay $90-120* for a Thomas engine.

*source is current eBay listings for Stepney.
Edward2

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 07:35:40 AM »

Molly and Rosie
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 09:29:07 PM »

I'd love to see a Large Scale Edward. He seems to be the most likely engine to be next in the Large Scale line. Though, if they were to make a Large Scale Mavis, she would use Toby's chassis.

As for rolling stock, I'm pretty sure a Large Scale Henrietta would have that new face she has.

My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Ryan, Sidney, and Norman.
PaulGWR

Would you like a jelly baby?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2014, 01:54:01 PM »

How about the china clay cars in season 2 that are similar to the ones in "TUGS"
seanrail
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 05:15:50 PM »

Sign this petition for Gordon's coaches and, hopefully, we will get them back in 2015.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/doug-blaine-to-bring-back-gordon-s-express-coaches
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2014, 10:15:19 AM »

This again? If you're going through all the trouble of making a petition you should include more than just the wish that they'll return. Set a reasonable price point so they'll actually have a chance of staying on the market because Gordon doesn't have his coaches is simply not a good enough reason to keep them there.

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.
seanrail
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2014, 11:40:56 AM »

The h company has taken their Thomas products of the market, their express coaches are no exception. That is another reason, along with the fact they appear more than Spencer's coach.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2014, 12:47:20 PM »

If you're going to do another petition on Gordon's coaches coming back, the very least you could do is to refrain from posting something about it every day in different threads. 

Plus, I'm sure Bachmann reps got the message on what people want at this point and are doing their best to satisfy their loyal fans.  It's honestly why I find polls or petitions for stuff to come out unnecessary, (this includes both new and re-released items). 
DinoNTrains

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2014, 01:43:51 PM »

It's honestly why I find polls or petitions for stuff to come out unnecessary, (this includes both new and re-released items). 

I agree, as I don't think they really work. However, I think at least polls give a good insight into what consumers are demanding at the moment, and thus it adds suggestions for future products.

Bachmann never ceases to amaze me Smiley
seanrail
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2014, 01:46:16 PM »

fine!
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2014, 11:23:57 PM »

Look there's nothing wrong with the idea but like I said above offer more than just that. A suggested price that kind of thing. But in the end we may just have to accept that they may not be returning in the near future (but I wouldn't rule it out down the line" and that the demand, although I understand how strongly you feel on this, is just not there right now. At least at the former price.

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2014, 11:44:35 PM »

I saw on Walther's that the red coaches price is up, with the brake coach being 34 dollars at retail.  

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/160-76039

With the fact that pricing and manufacturing has gotten more expensive in recent years and the fact that production has been slow, I recently compressed my "prediction" list to just Oliver, Stepney, Toad, and the coal loader in HO and Mavis and Henrietta for large scale.  I'm hoping that the future is bright for the Thomas range regardless, as there is potential for popular additions as mentioned on most of our posts, but I think a long list of characters with minimal contributions to the show and "re-releases" are out of the question.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 11:46:07 PM by Chaz » Logged
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2014, 09:50:09 PM »

What just makes you think that re-releases are out of the question?
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2014, 11:04:19 PM »

I saw on Walther's that the red coaches price is up, with the brake coach being 34 dollars at retail.  

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/160-76039

With the fact that pricing and manufacturing has gotten more expensive in recent years and the fact that production has been slow, I recently compressed my "prediction" list to just Oliver, Stepney, Toad, and the coal loader in HO and Mavis and Henrietta for large scale.  I'm hoping that the future is bright for the Thomas range regardless, as there is potential for popular additions as mentioned on most of our posts, but I think a long list of characters with minimal contributions to the show and "re-releases" are out of the question.

Watching Oliver in CGI made me realize how unique of a character he is. I would like a Bachmann Oliver. Even so, they should make characters like Rosie and Stanley since they've popular characters as well.

Hiro would make a fantastic seller, he's a very iconic character and he also has depth to his personality. He is very popular with older and younger fans.  Heck, even Japan has recently built a life-sized replica of him for their DOWT events.

I know there's some unpopular characters like Charlie and the Logging Locos,  you and I would agree that we wouldn't want to see them made.

I'm a fan of the classic series, but when it comes to CGI characters. Hiro is a definite yes.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 01:58:16 AM by Nykrivas » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: