News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas and Friends in 2015

Started by TrainFan97, February 25, 2014, 07:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

Hi.

Here is the official thread for 2015 predictions. Feel free to say yours. Here are mine:

HO:
Stepney
Oliver
Toad
Troublesome Truck #5 (Should be a salt wagon)

Large:

Edward
Henrietta
Troublesome Truck #3
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

seanrail

I have already put up in a post that I would do 2015 later this year.

I said that for the Thomas & Friends in 2015 since it will be the 70th anniversary, the wish list can include locomotives from both the TV and Railway series, new sets, rolling stock, vehicles, figures, buildings and re-releases.

TrainFan97

Quote from: seanrail on February 27, 2014, 03:41:35 AM

I said that for the Thomas & Friends in 2015 since it will be the 70th anniversary, the wish list can include locomotives from both the TV and Railway series, new sets, rolling stock, vehicles, figures, buildings and re-releases.

Sorry. I didn't realize that I jumped the gun on someone.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

seanrail

Quote from: TrainFan97 on February 27, 2014, 08:58:37 PM
Quote from: seanrail on February 27, 2014, 03:41:35 AM

Sorry. I didn't realize that I jumped the gun on someone.
its all right. As stated above, you can add your predictions for re-releasing discontinued items on the new 2015 poll. any recommended re-releases?

thomasj219

There's really no "jumping the gun" anyone can create whatever thread they want, and in a wish list you could always post whatever you wanted. I don't know why all of a sudden it's seems you need permission.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Chaz

I completely agree with thomasj219.  The forum doesn't need to run on a schedule or has to be organized in such a specific way such as who gets to post what.  As long as it is on the subject of the Bachmann Thomas and Friends HO and large scale line either in it's current, previous, or future state, it's not doing any harm to anyone.  

Plus as I've said before, no one should ever judge someone else on this forum for posting what they want Bachmann to make.  Everyone has done it and will continue to do so since it allows for productive discussion, and not one member here is an exception of that.  Especially ones who continually make polls and petitions over re-released items.  ::)

I'm probably not going to share my thoughts on next year until a little later, but I am interested in seeing what fans will ask for rolling stock wise since we just got the highest demanded rolling stock finally announced.  Besides, Toad of course.  
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TrainFan97

Alright. Now let's get back on topic.

lgbmarklintrein

I am happy with the G scale models that come out, yesterday I Toby
been in my possession.  ::)

Eugene
http://lgbmarklintrein.wordpress.com/thomas-the-tank-engine/

ho thomas collector king

Trainfan relax troublesome truck, 4 is not out yet nd your talking about a number 5 take it easy and look on youtube and search bachmann thomas rolling stock 2013-2015

thomasj219

For 2015 I have high hopes for the Thomas range, the things older fans of the show want the most are usually the same, and it's getting to be a smaller and smaller list since BACHMANN is making them  ;D

So here is my first early prediction.

HO

Oliver: Same reasons as always, most wanted, popular character, last missing engine in the lineup.

Stepney: This would be a great looking BACHMANN model. If he's reintroduced to the show I feel he would be a cert.

OFF-RAIL

Trevor

Rolling Stock

Toad

Resin

Dryaw Station: If they have access to HORNBY's tooling this one is for sure.
Sodor Shipping Building
Signal Box 2 Probably HORNBY'S second tooling style.
Then BACHAMNN will probably surprise us with something else. That's the way I see it for a while two previously released buildings and two new style ones.

G

Edward or Mavis

Rolling Stock
Mail Van
Henrietta
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

seanrail

Re-releases:

Gordon's Express Coaches:If Bachmann was to re-release anything back into their Thomas & Friends line, Gordon's Express Coaches are the most mandatory candidate, as Spencer's Special Coach is the only Express Coach type for Gordon to pull.

Tar Tanker:The Tar Tanker is another re-release of interest; most iconic rolling stock in the classics series.

Well Wagon and Flatbed: this range could do with some more bogied wagons.

Revisions:
I expect the Milk and Fuel Tankers are to be CGI'ed next year. Henrietta might also be revised with her CGI face , not that i am wishing for it, but Henrietta's facelift is possible since her CGI promo.

TrainFan97

Which of these engine(s) do you think is the most likely to be made in LARGE scale next year?:

Edward
Diesel
Mavis
Bill & Ben

chris123678

I'm pretty sure Edward will be the next large scale model. He's essentially the same size as James if not a tiny bit smaller.

Metal

Character Ideas:

Oliver-It's very obvious, he has the highest demand.

Boco- He's an enjoyable character and quite popular.

Rosie- She's a very popular character, and at least she wasn't forgotten like most of the Season 9-12 characters. Another female engine to the Bachmann range would be great.

Stanley-He is a resourceful character and very likable, plus it's nice that he was brought forth into CGI.

Whiff- Yes, he was a controversial character at first, because of his basis. But his personality is likable, in CGI he became better-developed. Out of all the characters in "MIR," he was the best one, he was a character you would of never thought to be the hero.  And yes, I also like his glasses, they remind me of "TUGS." ;D

Hiro- He's "Number 1" on my list. Read my post in another thread.
Quote from: Nykrivas on March 26, 2014, 02:18:53 AM
Everyone wants Oliver, but to be honest I wouldn't be hyped up about it if he was announced.
I have my eyes set on the "Japanese Steam Giant."  Bachmann Hiro would be extraordinary.
When the TV Series had the CGI switchover, I was topsy-turvy at first, but "HOTR" was a good way to open up the CGI Thomas World. I've quite enjoyed the movie.
Hiro has impressed me beyond words and I don't remember the last time a character has done that. Both his character and basis are very exquisite. He's a well-developed character with potential, and he's very popular with both older and younger fans.
He would be Bachmann's highest seller, possibility. Japan has a huge liking for "Thomas," and imports of the Hiro model would be high.

I might be the only one that doesn't have high hopes for Oliver, but that doesn't mean I won't buy him.
The "Master of the Railway" is without doubt the "Number 1" on my list.

Chaz

Quote from: Nykrivas on March 26, 2014, 03:07:54 PM

First off I will say this;
Stepney would be so pointless at this time, since alot of online retailers still have the Hornby one in stock.

Hornby making models has never stopped Bachmann from producing the same character at a different time.  Bachmann even made Spencer before Hornby did, so it's hard to compare those two companies in that department (it's like comparing apples to oranges).  So Stepney wouldn't be a "pointless" addition at all. :)

Just curious, what rolling stock and other additions are you interested in besides locomotives?
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.