Main Menu

Thomas and Friends in 2015

Started by TrainFan97, February 25, 2014, 07:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metal

Quote from: Chaz on March 26, 2014, 04:35:10 PM
Quote from: Nykrivas on March 26, 2014, 03:07:54 PM

First off I will say this;
Stepney would be so pointless at this time, since alot of online retailers still have the Hornby one in stock.

Hornby making models has never stopped Bachmann from producing the same character at a different time.  Bachmann even made Spencer before Hornby did, so it's hard to compare those two companies in that department (it's like comparing apples to oranges).  So Stepney wouldn't be a "pointless" addition at all. :)

Just curious, what rolling stock and other additions are you interested in besides locomotives?

I'm not saying Bachmann shouldn't make Stepney, I just don't think now wouldn't be the best time. Hornby Stepney is relatively easy to find online, right now for the time being. 

Cheeky_ULP

I dunno about most people, but I'm not going to pay $90-120* for a Thomas engine.

*source is current eBay listings for Stepney.

Edward2

TrainFan97

I'd love to see a Large Scale Edward. He seems to be the most likely engine to be next in the Large Scale line. Though, if they were to make a Large Scale Mavis, she would use Toby's chassis.

As for rolling stock, I'm pretty sure a Large Scale Henrietta would have that new face she has.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

PaulGWR

How about the china clay cars in season 2 that are similar to the ones in "TUGS"

seanrail

thomasj219

This again? If you're going through all the trouble of making a petition you should include more than just the wish that they'll return. Set a reasonable price point so they'll actually have a chance of staying on the market because Gordon doesn't have his coaches is simply not a good enough reason to keep them there.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

seanrail

The h company has taken their Thomas products of the market, their express coaches are no exception. That is another reason, along with the fact they appear more than Spencer's coach.

Chaz

If you're going to do another petition on Gordon's coaches coming back, the very least you could do is to refrain from posting something about it every day in different threads. 

Plus, I'm sure Bachmann reps got the message on what people want at this point and are doing their best to satisfy their loyal fans.  It's honestly why I find polls or petitions for stuff to come out unnecessary, (this includes both new and re-released items). 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

DinoNTrains

Quote from: Chaz on May 29, 2014, 12:47:20 PM
It's honestly why I find polls or petitions for stuff to come out unnecessary, (this includes both new and re-released items). 

I agree, as I don't think they really work. However, I think at least polls give a good insight into what consumers are demanding at the moment, and thus it adds suggestions for future products.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

thomasj219

Look there's nothing wrong with the idea but like I said above offer more than just that. A suggested price that kind of thing. But in the end we may just have to accept that they may not be returning in the near future (but I wouldn't rule it out down the line" and that the demand, although I understand how strongly you feel on this, is just not there right now. At least at the former price.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Chaz

I saw on Walther's that the red coaches price is up, with the brake coach being 34 dollars at retail.  

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/160-76039

With the fact that pricing and manufacturing has gotten more expensive in recent years and the fact that production has been slow, I recently compressed my "prediction" list to just Oliver, Stepney, Toad, and the coal loader in HO and Mavis and Henrietta for large scale.  I'm hoping that the future is bright for the Thomas range regardless, as there is potential for popular additions as mentioned on most of our posts, but I think a long list of characters with minimal contributions to the show and "re-releases" are out of the question.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

JLK2707

What just makes you think that re-releases are out of the question?

Metal

Quote from: Chaz on July 02, 2014, 11:44:35 PM
I saw on Walther's that the red coaches price is up, with the brake coach being 34 dollars at retail.  

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/160-76039

With the fact that pricing and manufacturing has gotten more expensive in recent years and the fact that production has been slow, I recently compressed my "prediction" list to just Oliver, Stepney, Toad, and the coal loader in HO and Mavis and Henrietta for large scale.  I'm hoping that the future is bright for the Thomas range regardless, as there is potential for popular additions as mentioned on most of our posts, but I think a long list of characters with minimal contributions to the show and "re-releases" are out of the question.

Watching Oliver in CGI made me realize how unique of a character he is. I would like a Bachmann Oliver. Even so, they should make characters like Rosie and Stanley since they've popular characters as well.

Hiro would make a fantastic seller, he's a very iconic character and he also has depth to his personality. He is very popular with older and younger fans.  Heck, even Japan has recently built a life-sized replica of him for their DOWT events.

I know there's some unpopular characters like Charlie and the Logging Locos,  you and I would agree that we wouldn't want to see them made.

I'm a fan of the classic series, but when it comes to CGI characters. Hiro is a definite yes.