News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas and Friends in 2015

Started by TrainFan97, February 25, 2014, 07:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaz

Oliver I am not worried about, especially since he's been in demand for so long and he is now in CGI, I think it will only be a matter of time before we see him in the near future.  Hiro I would put on the "maybe" category since the potential is there but the size and details of the model could make the model expensive to sell as well as to produce.  Regardless, I think he's the most likely canidate for a character past season 7 with a new tooling, I know I would be interested in seeing a model of him.  The other characters you mentioned I don't think will happen just because I don't think they will be that popular for very long if Bachmann produced models of them, and it costs a lot of money to Bachmann to produce a model and eventually sell it, whereas Oliver and Hiro models would be popular for a long time. 

Quote from: JLK2707 on July 04, 2014, 09:50:09 PM
What just makes you think that re-releases are out of the question?

It costs a lot of money to bring products into the range, why would they bring back products that have little demand going for them?  Products become discontinued due to high prices as well as an overall lack of interest.  It would be best for Bachmann to focus on the new products that have not been made yet, rather than go a few steps back and spend the extra money on something that doesn't have that much of a strong demand.  Even if anything were to come back like Gordon's coaches they would be around 60 dollars each (given from the current price of Spencer's coach) which is a lot of money considering you can get Thomas or Percy models at different shops online for that kind of price.   
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

astrotrain4472

HO locos: Paxton,Oliver,BoCo,Daisy.
HO rolling stock: china clay trucks,toad,faceless gray truck,and truck 5 as a vent van, slip coaches.
non-rail: bullstrode,bulgy,tiger-moth.
G locos: Mavis
G stock: red truck
buildings: Dryaw, Ffarquar, small air hanger
humans: lady hat, the duke and duchess.
sets: Percy with mail truck and brake van, James with oil tanker, coal car,and salt van.

Chaz

Quote from: astrotrain4472 on August 30, 2014, 12:00:10 PM
G stock: red truck

The red wagon was already announced this year, it should be out sometime this year. 

Glad to know I'm not the only one who could see Mavis being the next engine in large scale!

JLK2707

HO scale:

1. Oliver
2. Paxton
3. Stepney
4. Sidney
5. Toad
6. Hiro

Large scale:

1. Henrietta
2. Edward
3. Mavis
4. Gordon
5. Henry

Do you think Bachmann will literally make a large scale Henry and Gordon?

JD417

Haven't posted in quite some time, and I just wanted to share the information that someone from a group on Facebook, that I'm also a part of, talked to a Bachmann rep. and recorded it, and has some details about the range for the future;

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=799019826806379&set=o.104207442957716&type=2&theater

I was very disappointed about the whole Oliver situation in that video. But like I commented on that video, I'll repeat here in a little more detail. When I went to a train show about a year ago, there were Bachmann reps and Me and and my friend asked them a few questions, two of which were;

"What do you strive to produce every year [for the HO scale Thomas and Friends range]?"
Their answer was: "At least one engine and one rolling stock piece."

My follow up question was led from that, and it was:

"With that being said, are we going to get our other 2 Great Western Friends, Oliver, and Toad, whom of which would be one engine and one rolling stock piece, to go along with Duck?"
Their answer was: "I can't say anything for sure, but they have been in demand for quite some time, and it wouldn't surprise me if they were to be announced in april, next year." and then one of the guys winked at me.

But after watching that video and hearing that Oliver is not going to be made, It makes me question if all of the Bachmann workers are on the same page.

So I wouldn't take that video too seriously, as much as I'd like to, seeing as the whole 'sets' talk really made sense.

TrainFan97

Too bad we won't get Oliver yet, but other engines are possible, maybe some CGI characters. They could probably make Sidney, Paxton, Norman, Timothy, or Porter. Sidney and Paxton would be easy for obvious reasons.

As for Large Scale, they could make Edward, Mavis, Diesel, or Bill and Ben. Large Scale Bill and Ben would of course have red wheels.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

JLK2707

At least they did not say Oliver would never be made! :)

Chaz

This is pretty much what I was talking about as far as Bachmann making new toolings for Thomas products goes.  It costs a lot of money for Bachmann to produce and manufacture the models hence, why I've shown doubt for a lot of the other engines mentioned earlier.  Evidence of this too is shown that they have made nothing but pairs of twins or engines that they can reuse bodies to make other engines, with the exception of Duck.  With this year only introducing the red coaches and resin buildings in HO along with repainted stock in large scale furthers my point even more.

I know that people are upset that the rep mentioned that there are no plans for Oliver, but if he won't be announced next year we could always be in for a good surprise.  Though this whole "CGI face" rage from fans has to stop.  At this point if we do get Oliver in the future, or any other character with a new tooling, I think people should be extremely grateful for what they get rather than minor preferences like that.  

Honestly, the only thing I do expect from Bachmann next year are repainted rolling stock or repainted engines like Paxton along with possibly more buildings.  However, Bachmann could always surprise us during moments of doubt, so at this point it's really just a matter for expecting a little but hoping for more.  Plus, if one rep from Bachmann mentioned that they have with plans to revise James (which if they are, I think they deserve some serious praise), then I don't think all hope should be completely lost.  

Cheeky_ULP

A repaint the fans will be pleased with? But of course, how did I not think of it before!

Though in all seriousness, since James' paintwork is getting tweaked in the next production line (most likely fixing the errors the video brought up), could this mean other products will be receiving tweaks here and there too?

theriddell888

Well, very interesting video. I'm excited for an overhaul of James. I also hope Thomas and Percy will be fixed as well. (Ex: better paint, face, and motor) I understand why thomas is usually in a set, and not many others, as most consumers usually want classic thomas with Annie and Clarabel as a starter set, and not anything else. I have no preference if an engine has a CGI face or not,(with a few exceptions) but it is important for bachmann keep up with standards. Oliver will sadly have to wait another day it seems, but I'm much happier seeing bachmann fixing their older models.  :)

For some reason, I kinda wish for bachmann to make a TT#5, for some more variety in the trucks, mainly the faces, as there are a lot of different faces out their. Does anyone agree?

One more thing, could someone give me some advice on fixing my controller? My problem is one the everything Thomas thread.

BassTbone

No offense, but I feel like a majority are biting the hand that feeds them... 

Its always MORE MORE MORE when it comes to new stuff.  We've got engines #1-10 with James receiving new paint next year...  I don't understand it...  Be thankful for what you've got.   They are being smart about production tactics by making twins. 

I am sure the video had the best intentions, but I felt it was a tad aggressive... especially at the James question. 

PaulGWR

Quote from: BassTbone on October 22, 2014, 12:12:42 PM
No offense, but I feel like a majority are biting the hand that feeds them...  

Its always MORE MORE MORE when it comes to new stuff.  We've got engines #1-10 with James receiving new paint next year...  I don't understand it...  Be thankful for what you've got.   They are being smart about production tactics by making twins.  

I agree, we should be glad with what we got, and it could be worse, they could start discontinueing models, and I think that the new james will be great, the face doesn't need improving ( it's fine as it is), and we're probably gonna get more new buildings for the next few seasons,

And...

HO
Stepney or Paxton ( if any engines at all
Truck 5
Wellsworth, Ffarquarr

G
Edward or Mavis
Cattle truck/TT3

Chaz

I think it is only a matter of time before we start seeing engines getting discontinued.  Jeremy probably won't last long either since his reaction from the fans was generally negative and so far not many people have bought him.  I haven't seen a single video of him on YouTube yet either.

I agree with BassTbone regarding Bachmann being smart with production tactics by making twins, and more importantly, being happy with what we already have in the range.  The engines that are in the range currently are all classic characters as well as some of the most memorable characters to date, hence why they made Duck despite only making twins/retooled engines... because let's be honest, who DIDN'T want Bachmann to make Duck? ;)

On a completely different note, in the video when the rep mentioned that fans would be "pleased and surprised" with next year's announcements, I think that should at least be a sign of something we can look forward to when the time comes.  If it's not going to be Oliver, it really makes you wonder what they have up their sleeves for us!  Guess it is best to wait until February to find that one out.

TrainFan97

I doubt that the new James would have an open cab, since that would require a new tooling, but at least he may no longer have a red smokebox, black stripe at the back of the tender, and gray wheels. I don't know for sure if they'll fix his face to look CGI, but I hope they do give him stronger paint that's harder to SCRATCH off. Though, I do wonder if a front coupler would require a new tooling, or they can just put one on easily.

I don't think they can fix Percy, since his problems are tooling. Still excited for James.

Since it's easier for Bachmann to make characters out of existing tooling, I guess they could use Diesel's tooling to make Paxton or Sidney next year, and that would be their first CGI era character(s).
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Metal

Why still complain over the CGI Series? After all, Oliver has returned to the series still in his original personality. Besides his CGI face isn't really much different from his model face. Same with Rosie, if they happen her. I mean her model and CGI face are very similar.

We got most of the classic characters with very few left; Oliver, Boco, and Daisy. Along with many  CGI characters with potential for the future lineup like Hiro, Paxton, the S17-18 characters.
Sure, there are no new engines this year, but can't you admire the buildings from this year's lineup? Also, aren't you happy that the Red Branchline Coaches are announced?

I honestly wouldn't mind if they rehash Diesel into Paxton. Given that he is a likable character.  

I agree with BassTbone, complaining about Bachmann not making Oliver isn't gonna release him any sooner.