News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas and Friends in 2015

Started by TrainFan97, February 25, 2014, 07:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackfive1994

Quote from: Chaz on January 13, 2015, 02:54:37 AM
Looking at Sparks' post, I think this is one of the recent posts on this thread I have to agree with the most.  

I agree with the idea that when it comes to new tooling, Oliver does make the most sense due to the success of Duck.  I think he would be a better addition to see in the future as opposed to newer characters like Rosie just because of his popularity and high demand, which are pretty remarkable and undeniable.  If Bachmann wanted to make a new tooling of a character, why spend the money on characters that are seen less often in the show nowadays or even on characters like Hiro that have larger designs with lots of small details?  I think the only other engine that has a decent shot at this point is Paxton, but aside from him, that's really it.

As for the rolling stock mentioned, the repainted stock he mentioned as potential candidates for Troublesome truck #5 would be almost ideal.  Troublesome Truck #4 itself was a disappointment, but if we had something similar to what was shown in Sparks' post I would consider that a serious improvement.  

A brake van revision is a must.  It's been a while since we have had rolling stock revisions, but if we are getting a James revision, I feel like a brake van revision would also be a nice treat.  

Ex-mainline tooling rolling stock such as Toad and the hopper would also make very good candidates for rolling stock.  Maybe even a simple goods van with the same tooling as the ventilated van and ice cream wagon would make a nice addition to the range too.
Rcommend the salt van or ventilated van for Troublesome Truck #5. the hopper wagon would make a great addition to the rolling stock range, especially if it comes with a load. the rolling revision i can also see coming is the addition of a face for Henrietta.

PaulGWR

or they can try it on the flatcar! But in all seriousness, It would be nice to have one of those china clay trucks, but since they haven't been seen in ages, that would be unlikely, maybe it can be an open wagon with a CGI face

Blackfive1994

i think we already have enough open wagons in the line of troublesome trucks Bachmann already has.

Cheeky_ULP

Bass Tbone made his own China Clay trucks recently from a PECO kit, and they sold for $100 on eBay, so there definitely is a demand to some degree for China Clay trucks.

Though this would require a new tooling since they have a unique design. Right now people wanting China Clay wagons would be better off getting the PECO kit:

PECO kits are plastic and very easy to assemble, a great beginner kit.

Chaz

I would be in favor of Bachmann making a China Clay truck.  It would require a new tooling, but the tooling itself is very basic and would sell very well for both old and new fans, just like the red coaches.  Especially since a couple of the China Clay trucks would look great behind the Bachmann Bill and Ben.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

JLK2707

The China Clay Trucks just look great!:)

Blackfive1994

great idea to go with Bill and Ben.

Blackfive1994

And also the old close shave van for another troublesome truck tooling suggestion or for the flying kipper van.

therailwayinspector

Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

Anthony P2

this looks interesting. might come in handy while I redesign the layout. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/thomas--friends-track-playtape-300022083.html

EDIT: darn it, therailwayinspector! you beat me to it! ;) what are the odds of us posting that at the same time

Blackfive1994

nice track layout idea. hope they do one with points.

TrainFan97

My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Blackfive1994

Chaz

I found this last night too and I was thinking about posting something but what stopped me was just the unusual idea of this addition altogether.  Despite it coming from Bachmann, I am pretty sure this addition is made for toylike ranges like Wooden Railway or Trackmaster as it does say "lets little 3+ engineers instantly create their own railroad play area for their kid-powered toy trains."

Either way I must be honest, for the first product of 2015 it is an abnormal idea coming from Bachmann.  Hopefully pictures of the red coaches and other new products that will be announced will make up for this.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.