News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas and Friends in 2015

Started by TrainFan97, February 25, 2014, 07:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackfive1994

But chaz, it can also be handy for planning track layouts for future model train sets.

Chaz

Quote from: Blackfive1994 on January 25, 2015, 03:26:48 AM
But chaz, it can also be handy for planning track layouts for future model train sets.

That's not what it's made for, if you read what it says on the website (or what I mentioned in the post for that matter).  I guess you could use it for that, but there are a lot better ways to make a track design for a layout rather than using something that was clearly made for younger children and their toy trains. 

Also keep in mind that I am allowed to agree or disagree with the idea of products in the range just like everyone else on the forum is.  So if I disagree with something that doesn't mean that the product itself is bad, it's just my opinion.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

JLK2707

I wonder why Bachmann would just be designing such a thing when it's completely irrelevant to what they would normally design. I get that it's intended for little kids, but I was expecting something that would be more suited towards electrically operated model trains in either ho scale or large scale, or both. What do you think?

Anthony P2

well technically the PlayTape isn't manufactured by them. it's manufactured by a different company. Bachmann most likely has a deal with the other company that allows them to put their name on it to sell under the Thomas line.

DoggySporty

I know Paxton would be easy to make, but I don't think he's the only option Bachmann is considering...  We got Bill and Ben and the Scottish twins because people requested them for years; they just happen to be twins as well.  That and Diesel didn't get the repainted/modified Arry and Bert till a few years after he came out--we got Duck before then.
I'm not sure what they will do next, or maybe there won't be any new engines for 2015 but there will in the years that follow.  In either case we have a much larger engine cast than I ever thought we'd end up with!
I'm more into the G scale range at the moment, and I completely agree with the possibility of Mavis (same chassis as Toby) or even Diesel.  Bill and Ben are the perfect size to be converted into G scale, but since they are twins they might not be economical (not many people would be quick to pay $150-200 for both).
Since all the HO open wagons and tankers have been converted to G scale, I'm hoping for troublesome truck #3 next, but I'm not holding my breath.  If the Red Coaches turn out to be modified Annie and Clarabel, I think we could see them in G scale before long!  The mail coach is another interesting possibility--it's iconic to the show and the HO model has always sold well according to Towerhobbies.  It also has bogies so it wouldn't have problems making tight curves despite it's long size.
Perhaps even Bertie will be in G scale as an accessory?!

Blackfive1994

Quote from: DoggySporty on February 10, 2015, 01:46:25 PM
I know Paxton would be easy to make, but I don't think he's the only option Bachmann is considering...  We got Bill and Ben and the Scottish twins because people requested them for years; they just happen to be twins as well.  That and Diesel didn't get the repainted/modified Arry and Bert till a few years after he came out--we got Duck before then.
I'm not sure what they will do next, or maybe there won't be any new engines for 2015 but there will in the years that follow.  In either case we have a much larger engine cast than I ever thought we'd end up with!
I'm more into the G scale range at the moment, and I completely agree with the possibility of Mavis (same chassis as Toby) or even Diesel.  Bill and Ben are the perfect size to be converted into G scale, but since they are twins they might not be economical (not many people would be quick to pay $150-200 for both).
Since all the HO open wagons and tankers have been converted to G scale, I'm hoping for troublesome truck #3 next, but I'm not holding my breath.  If the Red Coaches turn out to be modified Annie and Clarabel, I think we could see them in G scale before long!  The mail coach is another interesting possibility--it's iconic to the show and the HO model has always sold well according to Towerhobbies.  It also has bogies so it wouldn't have problems making tight curves despite it's long size.
Perhaps even Bertie will be in G scale as an accessory?!
Both the mail coach and Henrietta would go well for percy and Toby respectively as their Ho models were sell outs when released in 2008, sold out as fast as Edward and Mavis when they were released in 2008 as well.

DoggySporty

Oh yeah I forgot Henrietta!  I'd be surprised if we went another year without her.  Especially since she has been completely revived in the show as a character... that and her model is super adaptable for customization.
I guess we'll find out this weekend.  I'll be checking my phone all day for updates...  :D

Blackfive1994

Quote from: DoggySporty on February 10, 2015, 05:16:05 PM
Oh yeah I forgot Henrietta!  I'd be surprised if we went another year without her.  Especially since she has been completely revived in the show as a character... that and her model is super adaptable for customization.
I guess we'll find out this weekend.  I'll be checking my phone all day for updates...  :D
the large scale model would also include a face, do not know if Bachmann are adding one to their next batch of Henrietta's HO model.

JLK2707

You never know. Bachmann might just be considering adding a face to the new HO scale Henrietta models, but since they are considering Paxton, they might as well make Sidney as well for HO scale. We also should get a large scale Henrietta for Toby since they have run out of repaints for large scale rolling stock.

DinoNTrains

Are they really considering on making Paxton?
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

DoggySporty

Quote from: DinoNTrains on February 13, 2015, 02:52:26 PM
Are they really considering on making Paxton?

No official sources have suggested they are.  A lot of people think it's a strong possibility because all they have to do is repaint Diesel (again) and I agree with that logic, but...  I'd rather have characters other than Paxton, honestly.  But we're getting Oliver so I can't complain!

Pyromaildragon

You know, I remember once on Youtube predicting Oliver, Duck, and Toad would eventually get Bachmann Models.

JLK2707

Thanks for just correcting my error! :)

Jacob Wilson

I can't wait to get:

Bachmann Thomas & Friends Locomotives:
58740 Celebration Thomas (With Moving Eyes)

Bachmann Thomas & Friends Freight Rolling Stock:
77018 Mail Car - Green

Bachmann Thomas & Friends Narrow Gauge:
58601 Narrow Gauge Skarloey (Die-Cast Construction)
77201 Narrow Gauge Open Wagon
77202 Narrow Gauge Box Van - Blue
77203 Narrow Gauge Box Van - Red

I will not be getting:

Bachmann Thomas & Friends Locomotives:
58815 Oliver (With Moving Eyes)

Bachmann Thomas & Friends Freight Rolling Stock:
77019 Toad

thomasj219

You'll be waiting a while. I'm assuming this is a joke post.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.