Re: a control device that I can connect all of my Track Remote Turnouts to.

Started by jdrwiggins, March 05, 2014, 04:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdrwiggins

I just wanted to know is there a remote control box that I can plug in all of my Ho Scale Bachmann Trains E-Z Fit Track Remote Turnouts.

I have my track layout in the final permanent phase.  And at this time I would like to be able to control these Turnouts and I do not know if there is a device that Bachmann carries for me to be able to do this.  I do know I purchased a device before but it did not work for the Bachmann Snap-Fit E-Z tracks.  Can you direct me on a device that I can use for Track Remote Turnout.
:)

bapguy

Each turnout needs it's own remote control. There should be a remote control that came with the turnouts. So, no there is not one unit that will control all you turnouts.  Joe

AGSB

Are you looking for a separate power supply for your turnouts (each one controlled by its own control switch) or a device that will throw several turnouts all at once?

Doneldon

jdr-

You can string all of the electrical switches which control your turnouts together on a panel but there is no way to control all of them with a single controller, other than running them on DCC in which case your DCC controller will function to run your switch machines.

If you want to throw more than one turnout at a time, such as lining a route into or out of a yard, you'll need a program setup or some redundant wiring and a capacitive discharge system so you have enough instant power to throw more than one switch machine at a time. But even that would not be the same as controlling everything from a single controller.
                                                                                                                                                                                    -- D