News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Large Scale Items

Started by Lee Carlson, February 13, 2007, 01:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Carlson

Not much joy in Mudville. 
Matthew, Kevin... Guess we can take a vacation with the money we've saved this time.

Lee  :'(
Lee Carlson
President,
NYS&W -- Niantic, Yantic, Scantic & Willimantic Traction Co.

JLyans

I am anxious to see the new versions of the 4-4-0's.  That and the 2-6-0's are sweet engines.  I was very disappointed that "It that which must not be mentioned" . . . . . . was not mentioned.

Tim Brien

John,
        it will be around August this year before the unmentionable will be mentioned.  With the K due at Christmas, then August/September will be a likely update date (the crystal ball is not always totally on schedule).

Matthew (OV)

Eh.  There isn't often a lot of Spectrum announced at Toy Fair, historically ... it's more about, well, toys, and what we run is .... something else, I guess.

While there isn't any joy in this corner of Mudville, there really isn't any despair either .... and I'm not going on vacation just yet.

I suspect that we won't have to wait till Ihobby to mention the unmentionable.... just a guess.  Even with the new policy, I don't think there actually has to be a show for there to be an announcement (Who knows... we might just hear it first here; wouldn't that be interesting?)

Whether we do or not, when they build it, I'll buy one.

Matthew (OV)

David Fletcher

How come everyone knows what the unmentionabubble is when it's never been mentioned?  Someone must have mentioned it! 
If its another geared job, who cares...another rod job - yes please!

I can wait, got enough building to do for now!

David.

Steve Stockham

Ah, it has been mentioned but only in hushed whispers! :o
"Officially," Bachmann is still mum about it! Johann has told us that he "...will find out what he's cleared to tell us." Obviously, the rumors that have been floating around about contractual obligations are true! If so, there's nothing Johann can do until he's cleared by people WAY higher than he is! (*Sigh)

Matthew (OV)

I guess the thing to remember is that just because nothing's being said doesn't mean nothing's being done. 

They said it was going to happen.
They've said several times since that it's not been cancelled, or delayed.

Wanna bet someone's working on it?  Maybe a lot of someones?

Hey, just because someone lets slip you're getting a surprise birthday party, they don't necessarily have to fill you in on when, where, who, and the contents of all your gifts ....  you just get to anticipate it a bit more because someone let some of the informaton slip before it was time....

Oh, wait, that sounds like something that other guy might say.  Regardless, I'd bet that while it's often foolish to count your chickens before they hatch, that somewhere there's a bunch of incubating mudhen eggs....

Matthew (OV)

zachspappaw

well we can look at it this way:  ::)

no new models, just re-paints (which are cool)  ;)

so that leaves lots of time for the design team to work on the mudhen  :o

Have Fun: Jeff  8)

tlnibert

I thought the mudhen was coming out last year and was surprised when the 3 truck Shay came out.  The new Shay is what got me back into G Scale.
tom

Loco Bill Canelos

Well at last there is a non Christmas set with an Annie, that is a first. 

Bach-man,  Any chance of you listing the item numbers for the new items?

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

tlnibert

I would think, that Bachmann would do away with the older sets and use the Annie in all sets.
I wouldn't consider buying the sets with the old style locos.
I was looking at sets a couple days ago.
Tom

Great Western

Quote from: Lee Carlson on February 13, 2007, 01:36:55 AM
Not much joy in Mudville. 
Matthew, Kevin... Guess we can take a vacation with the money we've saved this time.

Lee  :'(

Greetings folks,
                              Just for us Bachmann afficionados on the east side of the Atlantic Ocean please inform us (some may know of course) where Mudville is.  It doesn't sound a suitable place for a vacation     ;)
   Actually with all the very heavy rain we have had in the UK recently it could well apply to anywhere here.    :-[

On the subject of locos (in G scale) the Bachmann range has few diesels to offer other than the 45T which is 1:20 and not the Big Hauler size.
   I am, however, quite happy with my two "Annies" but would prefer another diesel other than one in 1:29 scale.
Best wishes,    Alan

Steve Stockham

The diesel didn't do well AT ALL with most Spectrum buyers. Only recently did they manage to get rid of them with a "after after closeout firesale" for around $60 each! Considering the MSRP was $700 (or was that $800?) well, you can see where I'm going with this!

Matthew (OV)

Quote from: Great Western on February 14, 2007, 06:43:01 AM

Greetings folks,
                              Just for us Bachmann afficionados on the east side of the Atlantic Ocean please inform us (some may know of course) where Mudville is.  It doesn't sound a suitable place for a vacation     ;)
   Actually with all the very heavy rain we have had in the UK recently it could well apply to anywhere here.    :-[

On the subject of locos (in G scale) the Bachmann range has few diesels to offer other than the 45T which is 1:20 and not the Big Hauler size.
   I am, however, quite happy with my two "Annies" but would prefer another diesel other than one in 1:29 scale.

Er, well... there are quite a lot of 1:22.5 selections (or close enough to work well with 1:22.5) .... from four wheel "critters" right up to, well, very large ....

Bachmann's large scale "Spectrum" offerings tend to point, thus far, toward a slightly older, and more steam oriented flavor of models.... and we've managed to keep them quite busy enough with those!  Personally, I'd love to see some MLW/Bombardier diesels in 1:20.3 someday, but they have a lot of ground to cover before that!

Matthew (OV)

Oh, and Mudville...  while no one knows exactly where it is, the little burg immortalised in Earnest Lawrence Thayer's Casey at the Bat tends to stand for hopes dashed at the critical moment ....   Let's hope that the Mudhen is not from Mudville, and that unlike Casey, will be a resounding success!

Matthew (OV)

Quote from: Steve Stockham on February 14, 2007, 08:00:28 AM
The diesel didn't do well AT ALL with most Spectrum buyers. Only recently did they manage to get rid of them with a "after after closeout firesale" for around $60 each! Considering the MSRP was $700 (or was that $800?) well, you can see where I'm going with this!

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Shame nobody liked the 45 Tonner ....

Someone ought to open an orphanage! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Matthew (OV)