Main Menu

Funny Site Behaviour

Started by aspoz, February 26, 2014, 08:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aspoz

Guys,

For the last few days when vist the Bachmann site I get redirected here:

http://174.36.98.150/0d7e9dd105437ae93ff52eb545393273/interior-colors.php

and that also happens when I move between pages on the site (I can stick with the Bachmann page by hitting the "stop" button before the redirection takes effect).  It hasn't happened before the last week or so, and it's not effecting any other site I visit, and nobody else seems to have reported it.   Is it me or you?

Steve

richg

Never.
Clear all the data in your Browser.
Clear all Cookies, History. Don't allow third party cookies. Don't allow your Browser to be tracked. Keep control of your Browser.
I close my Browser maybe a dozen times a day and the Browser is set to clear all data each time.

Rich

richg

Someone is messing with the site. I could not connect for a short while. My Browser said I was connecting but all I got was a blank page which told me the site was being checked. I have seen that before when a site is doing maintenance.

Rich

RAM

NarrowMinded

Awhile ago there was  a virus that a lot of people said they got from this site i got the virus as well and had to fix my comp and reload, i noticed after coming to the site everytime i would get a notice that there was a java update available. The virus was hidden was a Trojan that was downloaded in the bogus java update.

Some how it is linked to the site, to this day i get a warning pop up that says some items are being blocked, but when scanned the website shows clean. So i just close the pop up window,  and leave the blocked items blocked I suggest everyone does this.

Nm-jeff

richg

The below always keeps me out of trouble.
I have to log in every time I want to post something. Not a problem.

Clear all Cookies, History. Don't allow third party cookies. Don't allow your Browser to be tracked. Keep control of your Browser.
I close my Browser maybe a dozen times a day and the Browser is set to clear all data each time.
If you use Windows, use AVG free. My stepson uses W7 and AVG free.
I use a Linux Operating System which is quite secure. Using it since 2003.

Rich

Bucksco

Dear All,

As a followup on this issue, please visit:

http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=www.bachmanntrains.com

AND

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/www.bachmanntrains.com.

Both report that our site is safe.

We hope this will help eliminate your concerns.

Thank You,

The Forum Moderators

Maletrain

I had the same problem with a redirect to the same site. And it was preceded by a couple of JavaScript updates.  Even a Google search and a click on the Bachmann site result took me to the redirect for several days.  Finally, another Google search today got an additional result, which go me back here when I clicked on it.  MAYBE it is a virus, but it is only affecting my access to this site.  Maybe McAffe and Norton are being out-foxed?

Bucksco

Doneldon

My Norton System 360 did pick up several viruses here which I reported to the person who does the B'mann's web security last fall. I haven't seen that kind of thing for quite a while now. There are occasional nonsense posts, usually in small clusters, which are clearly not normal but I've never gotten a problem from one. Of course, I never try to respond to those or anything, and I close my browser right away when I encounter one. The last time was about 10 days or two weeks ago. I think the site is at least normal clean if not sterile.
                                                                                                                                                                              -- D

aspoz

Quote from: Yardmaster on March 01, 2014, 12:19:54 AM
This site is clean...

Don't doubt it, and never really thought it was a virus.  It was more as if I was seeing through the site to the ISP behind it, as it seemed to be a form of "that page no longer exists" type message, even though it demonstrably did exist.   However, it seems to have stopped (I dumped my cookies just in case), so what it was would now seem to be unknowable.

Steve