Started by bobbie21921, February 27, 2014, 06:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbie21921

Is Bachmann Industries bringing the Williams By Bachmann Line to an end
Bobbie Emerson

Bucksco

phillyreading

Well that's good to hear!
But many people will say that the new 2014 catalog seems to have dropped a lot of items. Over on OGR forum the general feeling quite opposite of what Bachmann is saying here.

Lee F.

bobbie21921

I Want to thank you for the quick response and I am thoroughly glad that the Williams line will continue.
Bobbie Emerson

r0gruth

It does seem that there are fewer listings for Williams than in the past and it appears that they are trying to drop some things
that have been in the catalog for many years.This may attract some buyers that already have or don't want the older products.

I hope that some of those that have been dropped will be seen again.The box car selection seems to have been cut severly
with few or no new names added to this style.

It seems that some are really excited about the new sound systems.I have never thought of sound,other than bell/horn/whistle
to be of much interest or an attraction for me.

My only complaint with Williams locos has been the one pattern whistle/horn.
Roger

Bucksco

Sometimes you need to empty the pitcher before you put more water in it. Many of the models that are not in the 2014 catalog are still readily available at our retailers. Do the other manufacturers keep every single piece that they have produced in their catalog every year? (Me thinks not). It's not as if we destroy the tooling and will never produce these items again. They will most likely show up at a later date in an upgraded form. Trust me the sky is not falling! We examine our sales records to determine what is selling and what needs to take a rest for a while. We would rather concentrate on bringing you new items than just rehashing old ones.

Williams by Bachmann introduces it's new items every year in April during the TCA Spring meet so most of the "New" items in the 2014 catalog were shown at the previous York meet. Trust me we have a few surprises in store for you guys in April!

M1FredQ

Thank You

i had a feeling that was what was going on

Always best wishes for success in this the best hobby in the world!!!

r0gruth

Yardmaster,

I think the comments above may be an indication of what three rail O gauge modelers think.

No,other companies do not keep stuff in their catalogs for ever but they probably have come
to expect certain items to almost always be available.
Roger