News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

NCE DCC controls

Started by trainmainbrian, February 28, 2014, 09:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainmainbrian

Hi Everyone.. I got a few question's

The other night "Tuesday" I decided to take a break from doing scenery on my layout & invite my neighbor buddy over for an operating session.
& I let him be the Yardmaster & I took the main layout operations & industry's Switching.

Onto the issue... I wanted him to bring a train out of the yard after making a few rolling stock moves track switches & couple up to other rolling stock. I had 2 Loco's in a consist set up on my NCE controller to run together 1 loco forward & 1 loco back both loco's where Dash-940 B's... My buddy said he cant move them But there "RUNNING" He heard them STARTUP when I turned on the Track Power... I can move both Loco's with my Main layout controller witch is the NCE Power Cab +...

So I entered a consist with his controller in the YARD and it worked Fine.. & that Controller is a NCE controller too it's just a normal cab DCC one... My Neighbor said maybe I need to unplug the cord from main layout & plug into YARD port plug "since that controller had the program in it.. I am puzzled by this I said to my buddy I should not have to unplug controllers & designed my Layout So 2 people can use & have there own Controller...

My Question's is WHY did 1 controller work & not BOTH of them

Other question is with the controller in a consist I cant "Select LOCO" & enter Loco's #'s to use that loco "it comes up on Screen its in a consist mode & cant select different loco....

How do I fix this so both Controller's can be used in sink with each other to my Railroads operations. I am sure it is some type of programming with the Controllers itself & do not believe any of my 5 LOCOS have decoder problems.. All my Locos work & run Fine by themselves in no consist mode.... & help would be great & don't forget to check my pictures out in show us your layout........

FYI... Both Controllers work very well my Mainline & Yardmaster controllers work ALL 5 of my Locos just running EACH LOCO by themselves
& I don't run more than 3 @ any time I believe my NCE system can handle up to 6 @ one time...
If your not thinking of Model Railroading each day you must be having a bad day.....& do not leave your mind @ the station...

WoundedBear

Sounds like a problem for the people over at NCE.  ::)

Sid

Bucksco

richg

Join the Yahoo NCE DCC Group. Very active.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NCE-DCC/info
There is also a Bachmann DCC Group. Not quite as active. Not run by Bachmann. I will let you find it.

Rich

trainmainbrian

Quote from: Yardmaster on February 28, 2014, 10:01:56 AM
Couldn't agree more....

Ok I will take my issue to them... Did not mean no harm in asking.. But its my fault mainly because its not a bachmann product...
If your not thinking of Model Railroading each day you must be having a bad day.....& do not leave your mind @ the station...

trainmainbrian

Quote from: richg on February 28, 2014, 11:41:44 AM
Join the Yahoo NCE DCC Group. Very active.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NCE-DCC/info
There is also a Bachmann DCC Group. Not quite as active. Not run by Bachmann. I will let you find it.

Rich

I will look into it thanks.....