News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Code 148 rail

Started by bopdoc, March 15, 2014, 05:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bopdoc

I am building a Hartford Products Seattle Car and Foundry Log Car, and it calls for two 12" pieces of Code 148 rail. Does anyone know where I might obtain those?

Chuck N

Code 148 rail might be for "O" gauge.  The code is the height of the rail in thousandth of an inch.  Thus code 250 is 0.250 inches high (1/4").  Your code 148 rail is a shade under 5/32 " high (0.156).  If you can't get code 148, I would think that a rail between 1/12" (0.125) and 5/32" (0.156) would work.

I am not familiar with code rails in HO and O, but it think that something in one of those scales might work.

Chuck

Note added later.

Are you planning to have a loader moving along the cars on the rails?  If so, you will need a rail high enough to accept the flange depth of the wheels.  If not, any small sized rail should work.

CCSG

I did a google search and found tha fastracks sells Micro Engineering code 148 rail by the stick. The link is here http://www.handlaidtrack.com/18in-Micro-Engineering-Code-148-Non-Weathered-Rail-p/17-148-c.htm

Could probably buy it from Micro Enginneering also.

Patrick Kramer

bopdoc

Thanks for the input; I saw Fasttracks webpage, but didn't think they had code 148 rail in G gauge. I will contact them (or Micro Engineering) directly, and see if they have it.

Kevin Strong

In this instance, the gauge isn't important; just the size of the rail.

Later,

K