Bachmann Forney- Now is the time to strike Bachmann

Started by vic, October 01, 2007, 01:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vic

LGBs Forney offering kinda took the wind out of the sales  ;) for any large scale version of Bachmanns On30 Forney, LGBs offering proved to be popular despite being a gummi scaled engine, but now with LGB effectivley out of the picture for at least a year or maybe more, maybe its time for Bachmann to fill the gap and produce a 1/20 scale version of its own Forney? It could easily utilize the same drive as the Porter.
How about it Bachmann?

calenelson

Vic, I'm with you...the LGB Forney is one engine that I have wanted from day one...now, not sure if they could be found, and the scale...well...C'Mon Bmann,  Make it-Please!

cale

samevans

Fine as long as it is NOT  a 3' ga version of an SRRL loco.  IIRC there were some 3'forneys made - failing that there were some small Mason bogies running on the Martha's Vinyard RR or some more modern ones on the Boston Revere Beach and Lynn.

Sam E

Matthew (OV)

While I know the Bach-Man has a special place in the pantheon for the BRB&L, I'd be just as happy with a 3' gauge version of the 30" gauge version of the 24" gauge version locomotives.

Either way ... I'd have to have one.

Matthew (OV)

r.cprmier

If bachmann came out with an Fn3 Forney, I wouldn't quibble.  These engines were used not only on two-foot roads, but on other sized roads as well. Who says you can't?  Only the guys in your wallet...if you let them.

Rich 
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

vic

I fear with LGBoA and Marklin reaching some sort of agrement B'mann might get cold feet, but B'mann needs to provide an entry level followup to the latest 0-4-0 Porter, why not a Forney that will retail for a little more than the Porter?

The average street price for a Porter is around $150, the LGB Forney  is $299, if Bachmann could bring their forney in at the $175-200 price range they would have the price point advantage.

Just make the darn thing R1 capable is all I ask please ...cause theirs still an awful lot of us guys with small layouts who dont have the real estate for anything larger than R1.

..of course I wouldnt quibble if Bmann did a Class A Climax instead ;D

rockyrails

One of my biggest hopes and dreams is that Bachmann produces a SE Scale (1:13.7) Forney. A true 2 footer on G gauge track (45mm). Even a small critter would be the bees knees.
cheers Ferdmeister

zubi

Ferdmeister, in live steam of course!! Best, Zubi
PS what did you drink before that photo in your profile was taken? Coffee, I presume...