News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

TOC, Barry, Annie Motor Question?

Started by Loco Bill Canelos, October 01, 2007, 11:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco Bill Canelos

TOC, Barry,

Is there a real difference between the Version 5 Big Hauler Chassis & Motor and the ANNIE Chassis & motor. 

Some suggest that the Annie should be listed as a version six because it has a seven pole motor while the Big Hauler does not.  Others say the motor is the same in both.  As I understand it all the Chassis parts are exactly the same in the Big Hauler and the Annie, and I was under the impression that the motor was the same as well. 

As the guys that tear them apart, I felt that You would be the best source of accurate information on this.

Since I am writing a book documenting Bachmann Large Scale, I need absolutely accurate information on the differences between the two drive trains.

So..........

Is there any difference in the motor and drive train in the Annie and Version 5 Chassis?

As the originators of the versions, were motors a factor in establishing the original versions 2 through 5?

Should the Annie Drive be designated as Version 6.

Anyone is welcome to chime in on this, but Please give only VERIFIED information, not just something you heard secondhand.  Bear in mind I am only trying to document absolutely accurate information.

Thanks
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Curmudgeon

Unless someone has some top-secret one-off motor, every VER 5 and full Anniversary chassis I have looked into has a 5-pole motor.
Sleeve bearings.

Basically, version 2 through 5 same motor.

Gearing is different, but motors are the same.
I had heard that about 7-pole motors early on also, so I counted the segments on the commutator.
Then, I had a melted motor come in for repair, cut it open to see, 5 poles.

TOC