News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Custom Engines

Started by Rollin Mayham, March 16, 2014, 04:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollin Mayham

So I had a thought looking through the Bachmann Parts for Large scale trying to find a good pair of trucks to replace on my New Bright train and I came across a 4-6-0 Chassis with everything at least I think everything and was wondering could you build your own custom engine if you bought the Chassis and the Tender Chassis could you build a custom Engine if so I had a plan for a Back to the Future Time train. If not I would like to know if it was possible.

veetwelve

Can't speak for the tender, but I've gotten two of the 4-6-0 loco chassis from Bachmann Parts; one was the standard Big Hauler and the other was the Annie version.  The chassis are very complete... I just set them on the track and they run as-is!

Good luck,
Jay

Kevin Strong

Sure, you can use the chassis to build whatever you want on top of it. You're limited only by your imagination. Spare 4-6-0 tenders--if not available from B'mann--can be found on evilbay or swap meets fairly regularly.

Later,

K

Rollin Mayham

Thank you for the support and if I am able to build the Back to the Future Locomotive I will let you know