News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Command

Started by rrbob, March 22, 2014, 02:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrbob

I have the Bachmann EZ Command Dynamis Wireless Infrared system.  My problem is my layout is an around the wall type and with this Bachmann DCC system you have to have the handset aimed close to  the command station which is hard to do with an around the wall layout if the command station is in the middle of the room.  Anyone else have this problem?  Any ideas how to get around this problem?  Would mirrors work????
Thanks
Bob D.

Bucksco

If you add the Pro Box you can stage multiple receivers at different locations around your layout.

Dieselman

I have the same trouble with mine, can't afford the pro box right now so I'm going to try mounting the receiver up higher. If that doesn't work I will try the mirrors

AGSB

On one of the RR forums I read that someone, who was having the same problem, fashioned a half dome out of tin foil and set it over the IR receiver to cut down on the interference from fluorescent lights. He claimed it worked for him. I can't remember what what forum it was.

Doneldon

Quote from: AGSB on March 22, 2014, 08:50:44 PM
On one of the RR forums I read that someone, who was having the same problem, fashioned a half dome out of tin foil and set it over the IR receiver to cut down on the interference from fluorescent lights. He claimed it worked for him. I can't remember what what forum it was.

You can also use a large (like for mixing a salad) stainless steel bowl which will look professional and do the job.

-- D

rrbob

I don't have a problem with the fluorescent lights.  At least not yet. Anyone want to make me an offer on the EZ Command?

AGSB

I thought I was responding to a question under the General Discussion board, I don't know how it ended up on here, I guess I got my tongue wrapped around my eye teeth and couldn't see what I was saying.

ericthetrainman

I have the original ez command control system and it didn't operate the dcc equip loco that came with the controller. I sent it back to bachmann for inspection and i haven't got it back its been about 3 weeks and want to know whats going on with it  ???
Its repair number: 10581
Its item number: 44920