News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-6-0 Tsunami in 4-4-0 Inside frame

Started by Uncle Ankle, March 17, 2014, 10:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Ankle

I'm Thinking about purchasing the Inside frame 4-4-0, and am wondering if the factory installed tsunami and speaker from the On30 ten-wheeler will fit into the 4-4-0's tender with out major modification. I tried looking threw the parts diagrams here on the bachmann site, but the inside frame american's pdf takes me to the modern outside frame 4-4-0's. Just wondering if anybody knew. Recently bachmann stopped producing this 4-4-0 and I need to pick one up before they're all gone!

Thanks! ; :)
Do-si-do & around you go.

EandRR

I can't say for sure on the 4-6-0 parts, but I used the Tsunami and speaker from a HO 2-8-0 and it fit perfect in the little On30 4-4-0. I later transferred that speaker and sound unit into a 4-6-0 and it fit there as well. I imagine Bachmann uses the same speaker in a number of locomotives to simplify their supply chain. Probably a safe bet the Tsunami units are the same size also.

dutchbuilder

I used the Tsunami from the Porter in several classic 4-4-0's, with a real speaker, instead of the Porters sounder.
Fits like a glove and the sound is OK.
Before surgery i marked the wires because they are all black.

Ton

Uncle Ankle

;) Thanks Both of ya for your answers. If The connie's sound components fit then the ten-wheeler's should fit, someone told me they were the same size. i also have a few porters with sound, which could be an alternative as well. Too bad bachmann isn't producing this 1890's 4-4-0 anymore, since that's in my era I'd like to have more. But the new heisler and the 4-6-0 with fluted domes are good candidates for this era. Once again thanks!
Do-si-do & around you go.