News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Alco 2-6-0 issues

Started by atrain, March 07, 2014, 05:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atrain

I purchased the alco 2-6-0 and ran it for a few months.  Suddenly, I noticed I was missing a rivet on the reversing gear.  Is there a way to order replacement rivets for driving gear?  A few months back I ordered what I though were replacement cylinders and valve gear but I received a set for a different engine.  Not sure what to do at this point.

the Bach-man

Dear A,
Call the service department on Monday. They will be able to help.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

atrain

Thank you.  I will do this.  However, a few months ago I called in and they told me they could not help me.  Maybe parts have come in by this time.

Bucksco

If you decide to call ask for the service manager and explain your problem.

atrain

Br 98.75

To fix mine i used a staple and bent it to an "L" then bent the other side down to a Sig rune (it looks like one of the symbols for the nazi SS) then i cut the excess parts off untill i had a new pin. i small y could also work

atrain

I will give your 'McGyver' method a try.

ALCO0001

Had 1 alco 2 6 0 mogul that ran for about 1/2 hour drive locked up found metal flashing in gear that was not
cleaned out prior to assembly,they replaced that with another that in 5 minutes run tine the screw fell out of the eccentric crank side rod ,managed to find it and reinstall it ,but then developed a knocking noise in reverse ,bad luck ,Hope the 3rd one is not built on a Monday or a Friday!,Oh ya, that is not correct that applies to U S built products,,Really like that a stadard line steam with sound is so affordable ,but then again Ian glad to have a Guarantee for 1 year,so hopefully this will help resolve the qc issues once and for all ! Hope to see a gp9 with sound!