News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dcc help

Started by ilikeconrail, March 22, 2014, 03:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilikeconrail

Got new loco and its atlas I like it a lot and its excerpted but the bachmann ez controller won't let it run unless is on decoder 10 for dc loco and also my lights don't work I need help please.

Jerrys HO

conrail,

Did you buy it new or used? It maybe set to a different address if used.

It sounds like your loco is not DCC equipped but instead DCC ready meaning there is no decoder. It will work only on address 10 if it has no decoder.
When you put it on the track does it hum or buzz?

You may get flack for asking about another manufacturer's brand on this forum.
The EZ Command is not the problem. Lack of knowing what you purchased will leave us only guessing also.

Jerry

ilikeconrail

Box says decoder equipped and I have 4 bochmann trains w/ Dcc I wanted to try someone else and it didn't work.

Brewman

I know on the Atlas I have I had to remove the dynamic brake panel and move a shorting plug on the control board from the DC to DCC position. There should have been an instruction sheet that tells you that this needs to be done. It might be under the foam packing in the box.

Barry

ilikeconrail

I'll look my layout is a mess.

jward

atlas used to set the address of their dcc locos to the last 2 digits of the road number. I don't know if they still do. unfortunately, the ez command only recognizes the first 10 addresses, so you;ll need to reprogram the address to something your ez command will recognize.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Doneldon

Quote from: jward on March 23, 2014, 01:21:17 AM
atlas used to set the address of their dcc locos to the last 2 digits of the road number. I don't know if they still do. unfortunately, the ez command only recognizes the first 10 addresses, so you;ll need to reprogram the address to something your ez command will recognize.

This may require restoring default settings first because the EZCommand can't really program CVs.

-- D

ilikeconrail

I'm take it to the hobby shop to see if they can get it working