News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Animated?? combine

Started by garyp55, March 21, 2014, 10:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyp55

I recently found a combine in a junk box that has movable parts including part of the roof, side door and a bar along the bottom sill. I am not sure all the parts are there especially internally. I cannot figure out what this mechanism was for. Any help would be appreciated. Gary

richg

What brand of combine?

The is a fellow who lives in Oz who does DCC animation for model railroading, HO scale. He is active in the Yahoo SoundTraxx DCC group as well as posting videos on You Tube.
A photo or two of the car would be a big help.
There are very tiny motors available to do this.

Rich

garyp55

The combine I have is a Bachmann and is shown in the catalogs circa 1980. I just wanted to know what the extra stuff inside was for?? Thanks Garyp

richg

Quote from: garyp55 on March 21, 2014, 04:04:37 PM
The combine I have is a Bachmann and is shown in the catalogs circa 1980. I just wanted to know what the extra stuff inside was for?? Thanks Garyp

Describe extra stuff. The only Bachmann HO combine I am familiar with is the 1860 to 1880 silver series combine and it was not a kit. Came assembled.

Google bachmann ho combine

Rich

electrical whiz kid

On the subject of combines; does anyone know if Labelle or Ambroid (Northeastern) makes a combine at this point in time?
Rich C.

garyp55

The Bachmann combine that I have has a section of the roof that is hinged and lifts up, has a bar midway on the sill that slides down and is spring loaded, The baggage door was off the model when I got it and has a piece attaced on the interior side that is a slide down hinge, and inside the car is a tower that has a spring loaded latch to engage the movable lift up roof section. This car is in terrible shape, partially smashed and the baggage door was loose and detached from the car. There may be missing parts. I tried HO Seeker, and Google and Yahoo to no avail. The photos in at least two catalogs show a combine that looks like mine but shows nor mentions any movable parts. This car appears to have been factory made and not a kit. Must be a rare beast????? GaryP

Irbricksceo

Might i recommend, take some pictures and post here, as many a member says, a picture is worth a thousand words.
Modeling NYC in N

VTBob

It wouldn't happen to be the "exploding combine" from a gold rush set (mid-70's - mid-80's) would it? I seem to recall having one that was spring loaded as a youngster.

link here: http://www.ho-scaletrains.net/bachmannhoscaletrainsets/id37.html

Vermont Bob
R. Montanye
Montanye Models, St. Albans, Vermont

garyp55

Thank you so much for your reply and link. The link describes exactly the car that I have. Mystery Solved. I just wonder how many are left? It's a shame my car is in such bad shape. Thank You again for your help. Gary P

RAM

Rich C.   Labelle still makes them.

electrical whiz kid

Thanks, RAM;
I wasn't even sure Labelle was still in business; glad they still are.
Rich C.