News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Help posting pictures

Started by MrMunchkin, October 03, 2007, 10:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMunchkin

could somebody please explain to me, A VERY internet iliterate guy, how to ho about posting photos on my postings here (I use a Mac, if that makes any difference) thankyou. P.M.

SteamGene

Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Jake

You need to use something like a free Photobucket account. (www.photobucket.com) Once you register you get a profile in which the site will host your pictures. You would upload it to the site, (The upload tool will be the first thing you see on your profile) and once it is uploaded (which may take a lil' bit if the picture is not in Jpeg format, the site will convert the picture for you) a thumbnail will appear in your profile and will have 4 codes under it, one marked E-mail & IM, one marked direct link, one marked HTML Tag, and one IMG Code. Click the one marked IMG Code (This is IMPORTANT!!!! That is the only one that will work on forums!!!) and it will automatically copy it. Paste the code and the picture will appear on the site. Though a bit smaller due to Bachmann's photo size restrictions. Here is one of MY pictures:

If you do not want to create a photobucket account, I will gladly host & post your pictures from mine. I just need your E-mail (I don't like to give out mine, but If you feel the same, I understand...)

Which reminds me, Gene, I have not gotten any pictures from you in quite a while, did you forget my e-mail address again?  :P
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!