News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DD40AX with sound on DC?

Started by ftauss, March 25, 2014, 02:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ftauss

How ell will this work on a DC only system. I am in the process of taking stovk of what I have and trying to decide if I want to DCC or not. But this is a beauty and I'm a little spoiled with my O scale MTH steamers and diesels which work pretty nicely in conventional mode.

I realize you don't have the full range of features and there is no horn/bell buttons like an O gauge transformer to access those features.

What can you actually trigger/hear in DC?

ftauss

richg

You will get the diesel sound and lights.
Look at the CV list to see what else there will be for sounds that are pre-programmed for analogue operation. No idea how up to date the list is.
You will have to turn the power pack up at least halfway to wake up the electronics. Sounds will start, lights will come on and a little more on the power pack and the loco will begin to move.
A couple companies sell a black box for DC control of locos that activates certain sounds with buttons.

Rich

ftauss

Brewman

I can't speak for the Bachmann version but the Tsunami's I have been around will give you engine sounds in DC mode. They will also give bell and horn sounds automatically and maybe a few other sounds too. The decoder may need to be programmed to enable the automatic sounds.

richg

Quote from: Brewman on March 26, 2014, 06:13:58 PM
I can't speak for the Bachmann version but the Tsunami's I have been around will give you engine sounds in DC mode. They will also give bell and horn sounds automatically and maybe a few other sounds too. The decoder may need to be programmed to enable the automatic sounds.

That is an issue with the N scale 750 Tsunami. I have some. The DC option has to be selected.

If anyone wants to run sound, get the Dynamis, not the Ez Command.

Below is a link on how to modify the decoder for dual engine simulation.

http://www.mrdccu.com/curriculum/soundtraxx/tsunami.htm

Since the Bachmann on board sound decoder by SoundTraxx is the stripped down version, no idea if this will work. It would be nice if someone can verify this.

Rich

Brewman

I don't think that modification needs to be done on this one. The videos I have seen show the new decoder already has duel prime mover sound including duel start up. Better lighting effects too. Wish I could get that decoder to add to mine but I doubt it will be available from Soundtraxx.

richg

Quote from: Brewman on March 27, 2014, 06:01:41 PM
I don't think that modification needs to be done on this one. The videos I have seen show the new decoder already has duel prime mover sound including duel start up. Better lighting effects too. Wish I could get that decoder to add to mine but I doubt it will be available from Soundtraxx.

Only the N scale 750 is available from SoundTraxx.
To date, no SoundTraxx decoders in the on board versions are available from Bachmann or SoundTraxx.

Rich